For generalised FAQs, please see our "About Us" section. Have any other questions, please feel free to countact us. We will get back to you ASAP.
Where does this tour start?
Haka Lodge, 518 Linwood Ave, Christchurch @ 8am on Day 1. The #21 bus stops directly in front of our lodge and takes 10mins from town. Though 90% of our customers stay at Haka Lodge the night before the tour starts which means a super relaxed start to the tour and an awesome informal to meet everyone before the tour.
Where does this tour end?
On the final day, we take the world famous Tranz Alpine Express Train from Greymouth to Christchurch. This train journey is rated 1 of the top 10 train journeys in the world as the scenery is simply spectacular! This means the tour ends at Christchurch Rail Station at 6pm. There are shuttle buses that take you into the city centre for around $5 and for all you staying at Haka Lodge after your tour, a group taxi will cost just a few dollars each. There is a busy taxi stand directly outside the train station. A high number of people stay at Haka Lodge the night the tour ends but if you are needing to depart immediately, we suggest booking flights for anytime later than 8pm.
What are the ages and what type of people choose this tour?
70% of our customers are solo travelers. The other 30% are 2 or more friends traveling together or couples. Ages can range between 18 and 45 though we do take people on our tours who are older than 45 as we believe attitude is more important than age. Furthermore, we attract people who want to see as much as NZ as possible, be part of a small personal group as opposed to travelling on a large 50 seater coach and are looking to push their own personal boundaries! (and remember, nothing is compulsory on our tours!)
What is included in the price?
Unlike a lot of our competitors, we are more than just a hop-on, hop-off bus. Our baseline tour price includes accommodation, a local kiwi guide and so much more! To find out more about how our price compares to our competitors, click here.
How many additional activities would you recommend booking for this tour?
There is no rule to this – some people will choose lots, others will be content with the tour itself and the free or low cost activities that your tour guide will find for you along the road. The bottom line is that you do not need to add extra activities to have an awesome time but we would suggest pre-booking any "must do" activities to benefit from the exclusively discounted online price.
What are the most popular activities for this tour?
Everyone has their own favourites, but in general we find that these are the most popular:
- Milford Sound Day Trip
- Skydiving - Wanaka
- Nevis Bungy - Queenstown
- Scenic Flight - Lake Tekapo
- Heli-Hike - Franz Josef
How do I go about booking this tour?
All we need is a 5% deposit to make a tour booking and secure your seat. Once booked, you are able to log back in to your account and pay off your remaining balance, in as many instalments as you like. Your balance is due 1 month before your tour. If you book a tour within 1 month of its departure, we hence require full payment as the deposit.