Today is the last day of your tour!
You’ll start things off by learning to paddle a traditional waka (Māori war canoe). Experience a karakia (blessing for protection), and learn tikanga (waka etiquette) all while getting out on the water to enjoy this unique included activity.
Our road trip continues along the northern edge of the South Island this afternoon. We’ll make a quick stop at Pelorus Bridge Scenic Reserve (a film location for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug) and make our way through Havelock as we wind our way towards Picton to catch the afternoon ferry to Wellington.
As the lights of Picton Harbour fade into the night, relax on board together for a chilled evening. The tour officially finishes at 8pm today in Wellington, but your accommodation tonight is included.
- Paddle a Waka (Māori war canoe)
- Visit Pelorus Bridge Scenic Reserve
- Cook Strait Ferry Crossing to Wellington
If your plan is to stay in Wellington there is still plenty to see and do. Perhaps a self-guided tour of Te Papa Museum, or visit the famous Weta Workshop where a lot of Lord of the Rings props were designed.
- Day 1: Wellington to Kaikōura
- Day 2: Kaikōura to Christchurch
- Day 3: Christchurch to Mackenzie Country
- Day 4: Mackenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 5: Queenstown
- Day 6: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 7: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 8: Franz Josef
- Day 9: Franz Josef to Punakaiki
- Day 10: Punakaiki
- Day 11: Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
- Day 12: Abel Tasman
- Day 13: Abel Tasman to Wellington