Day 2: Paihia
With more than 140 sub-tropical islands dotted around the coastline, how will you spend your day in the Bay?
Hitting the water is the best way to enjoy the coves and beaches of this corner of paradise, and the options are endless. Cruise through a natural rock archway, explore the ocean floor on a scuba mission, or sail in search of the local dolphins around beautiful islands. Check out our optional activities for ideas or hit up your guide for inspiration.
This evening enjoy an included sunset cruise with your group (please note this operates in summer only). In winter you will enjoy a surprise activity instead.
Whatever you choose, you’ll have epic stories to swap with your travel buddies tonight as the sun sets on an awesome day.
- Sundowner Cruise aboard a Catamaran (from Oct-May)
- Day 1: Auckland to Paihia
- Day 2: Paihia
- Day 3: Paihia to Auckland
- Day 4: Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 5: Coromandel to Rotorua
- Day 6: Rotorua
- Day 7: Rotorua to Murupara
- Day 8: Murupara to Taupō
- Day 9: Taupō
- Day 10: Taupō to Wellington
- Day 11: Wellington to Kaikōura
- Day 12: Kaikōura to Christchurch
- Day 13: Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- Day 14: MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 15: Queenstown
- Day 16: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 17: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 18: Franz Josef
- Day 19: Franz Josef to Punakaiki
- Day 20: Punakaiki
- Day 21: Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
- Day 22: Abel Tasman
- Day 23: Abel Tasman to Wellington