Day 10: Wellington to Kaikōura
This morning we say farewell to the North Island and take one of the world’s most scenic ferry journeys as we cross the Cook Strait.
The South Island has a stunning welcome in store for us – gliding through the Marlborough Sounds as we approach Picton Harbour, you’ll feel like you’re in another world.
One of the best ways to explore Marlborough, the region at the top of the South Island, is with your tastebuds. That’s why we jump straight on a wine tasting, to sample some of the best vineyards in the country.
After lunch, our next destination is Kaikōura which literally means “to eat crayfish” – and the area is teeming with them. The nutrient-rich waters of this area attract a wide variety of marine wildlife including the stars of the show – the whales and dolphins.
Click here to download the tour itinerary
- Cook Strait Ferry
- Wine Tasting
- Day 1: Auckland
- Day 2: Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 3: Coromandel to Raglan
- Day 4: Raglan to Rotorua (via Waitomo and Matamata)
- Day 5: Rotorua
- Day 6: Rotorua to National Park (via Taupō)
- Day 7: National Park
- Day 8: National Park to Wellington
- Day 9: Wellington
- Day 10: Wellington to Kaikōura
- Day 11: Kaikōura to Christchurch
- Day 12: Christchurch