Day 2: Auckland to Coromandel
After a hearty breakfast, it’s time to board our comfortable air-conditioned vehicle and leave the big city behind.
The Coromandel Peninsula is a paradise of beautiful beaches and misty rainforests. The drive here is truly spectacular – the road twists and turns dramatically round the coastline and the ocean gets clearer and more pristine before your eyes. Cameras ready – the views are magnificent.
The Coromandel is home to the famous Hot Water Beach – thousands visit each year to dig their own personal hot tub. If the tide times allow, we’ll grab our buckets and spades and get busy.
We arrive in the Coromandel with plenty of time for your guide to show you around. Sample the sandy beaches, kayak, soak in hot pools, or simply enjoy the vibes.
Click here to download the tour itinerary
- Visit Hot Water Beach
- Visit Cathedral Cove
- Day 1: Auckland
- Day 2: Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 3: Coromandel to Raglan
- Day 4: Raglan to Rotorua (via Waitomo and Matamata)
- Day 5: Rotorua
- Day 6: Rotorua to National Park (via Taupō)
- Day 7: National Park
- Day 8: National Park to Wellington
- Day 9: Wellington
- Day 10: Wellington to Kaikōura
- Day 11: Kaikōura to Christchurch
- Day 12: Christchurch