Day 11: Coromandel to Auckland
In the beautiful Coromandel, you’ll have plenty of time for your guide to show you around. Sample the sandy beaches or simply enjoy the vibes. There are all sorts of ways to enjoy the Coromandel, including kayaking at iconic Cathedral Cove and soaking in hot pools.
The Coromandel Peninsula is a paradise of beautiful beaches and misty rainforests. The drive here takes in plenty of quintessential North Island rolling farmland. It’s also home to the famous Hot Water Beach – thousands visit each year to dig their own personal hot tub. If the tide times allow, we’ll grab our buckets and spades and get busy.
Then, we hit the road for the final stretch of our journey together. The drive to Auckland is truly spectacular – the road twists and turns dramatically round the coastline as the skyline of New Zealand’s largest city gradually comes into view.
- Visit Hot Water Beach
- Visit Cathedral Cove
- Day 1: Christchurch
- Day 2: Christchurch to Kaikōura
- Day 3: Kaikōura to Wellington
- Day 4: Wellington
- Day 5: Wellington to National Park
- Day 6: National Park
- Day 7: National Park to Rotorua (via Taupō)
- Day 8: Rotorua
- Day 9: Rotorua to Raglan (via Waitomo and Matamata)
- Day 10: Raglan to Coromandel
- Day 11: Coromandel to Auckland
- Day 12: Auckland