Day 6: National Park
Decision time – is today the day you brave the Tongariro Crossing?
Considered one of the world’s top 10 best one-day walks, this 19.4km mountain trek boasts emerald green lakes, venting steam, lava flows, craters and rich green bush.
Not for the faint-hearted – it’s a challenging day! But every step of the way the views are spectacular. Our Haka guides highly recommend this activity, it’s definitely a highlight.
If 19.4km is a little too far for you, there are plenty of shorter walks and hikes to enjoy. However you choose to spend today in this UNESCO World Heritage Area, we guarantee you won’t forget it.
- Day 1: Christchurch
- Day 2: Christchurch to Kaikōura
- Day 3: Kaikōura to Wellington
- Day 4: Wellington
- Day 5: Wellington to National Park
- Day 6: National Park
- Day 7: National Park to Rotorua (via Taupō)
- Day 8: Rotorua
- Day 9: Rotorua to Raglan (via Waitomo)
- Day 10: Raglan to Coromandel
- Day 11: Coromandel to Auckland
- Day 12: Auckland