Day 7: National Park to Rotorua (via Taupō)
We wave goodbye to National Park as we continue northwards – first stop, Taupō. It’s a beautiful lakeside town with a stunning mountain backdrop. There are options here to get your bungy on, or to skydive!
Then, we head onward to Rotorua. It’s a short drive but we’ll take our time, checking out bubbling mud pools and thundering waterfalls en route. One not-to-be-missed highlight is Huka Falls – the most visited natural attraction in New Zealand! With its roaring rapids and turquoise colour, it’s not hard to see why.
To make an awesome evening even more incredible, tonight we take on the Redwood Forest Canopy Walk – the ultimate way to get amongst these giants of the forest.
See Huka Falls
Redwood Forest Canopy Walk
- Day 1: Christchurch
- Day 2: Christchurch to Kaikōura
- Day 3: Kaikōura to Wellington
- Day 4: Wellington
- Day 5: Wellington to National Park
- Day 6: National Park
- Day 7: National Park to Rotorua (via Taupō)
- Day 8: Rotorua
- Day 9: Rotorua to Raglan (via Waitomo)
- Day 10: Raglan to Coromandel
- Day 11: Coromandel to Auckland
- Day 12: Auckland