Day 8: Rotorua
Rotorua has it all: natural beauty, unique geothermal landscapes, and Māori culture. We stay here a full day to make the very most of it.
This area is world-renowned for its geothermal activity, with neon blue and red lakes, steaming rivers, violent geysers, and bubbling mud pools galore.
For a truly epic brush with nature, fly high through the lush ancient forest canopy on a zipline tour complete with swing bridges, crossings and treetop platforms. What better way to get to know the native plants and birds –many of which are unique to New Zealand?
This evening we are welcomed to a Māori village for an unmissable cultural experience featuring combat demonstrations and – of course – the breathtaking haka. This experience extends beyond the performance – you’ll have the chance to see magnificent geothermal activity and get to spot kiwi birds.
- Dinner (a hāngi cooked in an underground oven)
- See the world famous haka dance
- See the Pohutu Geyser
- See kiwi birds
- Day 1: Christchurch
- Day 2: Christchurch to Kaikōura
- Day 3: Kaikōura to Wellington
- Day 4: Wellington
- Day 5: Wellington to National Park
- Day 6: National Park
- Day 7: National Park to Rotorua (via Taupō)
- Day 8: Rotorua
- Day 9: Rotorua to Raglan (via Waitomo and Matamata)
- Day 10: Raglan to Coromandel
- Day 11: Coromandel to Auckland
- Day 12: Auckland