Day 9: Rotorua to Raglan (via Waitomo)
Once we’ve departed Rotorua, we head to Raglan, via Waitomo – famous for its glow worms. There are fantastic and informative walking tours of the caves where you can learn more about the history, geology and Māori mythology of this unique area of New Zealand.
For those who prefer to stay above ground, we highly recommend exploring the tree-studded gorges and limestone arches of the nearby Ruakuri Forest Walk; definitely a favourite amongst the Haka guides.
For dinner tonight, once we’ve arrived in Raglan you’ll have a chance to tuck into New Zealand’s unofficial dish – fish and chips (or fush and chups, as it tends to sound in a Kiwi accent). And what better way to enjoy a tasty meal than on a sunset cruise of Raglan Harbour?
Ruakuri Bush Walk
Raglan Sunset Boat Cruise
Fish & Chips Dinner
- Day 1: Christchurch
- Day 2: Christchurch to Kaikōura
- Day 3: Kaikōura to Wellington
- Day 4: Wellington
- Day 5: Wellington to National Park
- Day 6: National Park
- Day 7: National Park to Rotorua (via Taupō)
- Day 8: Rotorua
- Day 9: Rotorua to Raglan (via Waitomo)
- Day 10: Raglan to Coromandel
- Day 11: Coromandel to Auckland
- Day 12: Auckland