Day 4: Christchurch to Ohau (via Lake Tekapo)
This morning we’ll explore iconic downtown Christchurch and your guide will show you the cool and creative ways the city is being rebuilt after the life-changing 2011 earthquake here. Christchurch folk are an innovative and creative bunch – the Transitional Cathedral, created from cardboard, is totally inspirational.
Mid-morning we head for Lake Tekapo. Ready your camera – the lake’s breathtaking turquoise colour and mountain backdrop is a photographer’s dream come true.
The tiny Church of the Good Shepherd stands right at the water’s edge, proving that small is bold and definitely beautiful. Grab some confetti and congratulate any passing brides – couples travel from all over the world for wedding shots in front of the chapel!
- Mt John Lookout
- Day 1: Wellington
- Day 2: Wellington to Kaikōura
- Day 3: Kaikōura to Christchurch
- Day 4: Christchurch to Ohau (via Lake Tekapo)
- Day 5: Ohau to Queenstown
- Day 6: Queenstown
- Day 7: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 8: Wanaka
- Day 9: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 10: Franz Josef
- Day 11: Franz Josef to Christchurch
- Day 12: Christchurch