Day 5: Ohau to Queenstown
From the golden tussocklands of Mackenzie country – where epic battles of Return of the King were filmed – to the dramatic peaks of the Southern Alps, it’s like you’re driving into a postcard.
We’ll pause for lots of photo stops en route to give your camera a workout, including a stop at the spectacular Kawarau Gorge. This also happens to be the world home of bungy! Give it a go or enjoy watching the jumpers scream their way into the gorge.
Whether you’re an adrenaline junkie, an avid hiker, wine taster or scenery lover, Queenstown has something for absolutely everyone. With 2 nights and plenty of daylight hours here, get ready – this town certainly knows how to live life to the max.
- Day 1: Wellington
- Day 2: Wellington to Kaikōura
- Day 3: Kaikōura to Christchurch
- Day 4: Christchurch to Ohau (via Lake Tekapo)
- Day 5: Ohau to Queenstown
- Day 6: Queenstown
- Day 7: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 8: Wanaka
- Day 9: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 10: Franz Josef
- Day 11: Franz Josef to Christchurch
- Day 12: Christchurch