New Zealand Nature Tour
This small group German-speaking tour showcases the best of New Zealand’s nature: discover flora and fauna, native bird life, rainforests, geysers, lonely mountain roads, river valleys, glaciers, and wild coasts as you travel from Auckland to Christchurch (or reverse) over three weeks.
This premium nature tour features a number of superb hikes, including the well-known Tongariro Crossing; plus the opportunity to get up close to the New Zealand wildlife including endangered birds on Kapiti Island Nature Reserve; fur seals in their natural habitat at Cape Foulwind; and an overnight cruise through the incredible Doubtful Sounds (known as the 'Sound of Silence), a hidden gem compared to the more famous Milford Sounds, and home to one of the southernmost populations the bottlenose dolphins.
With an experienced German-speaking tour guide you will travel in a comfortable minibus, with a maximum of 9 guests. Choose from a selection of guaranteed departure dates
Spend a couple of days in the alpine town of Mount Cook and on your hikes enjoy encountering picturesque icebergs, glaciers and majestic mountains that will have you reaching for your camera at every turn.
Wanaka is a firm favourite of travellers and there's not surprise why. The stunning scenery lends itself to incredible backdrops for hikes and biking.
Tongariro National Park
Experience New Zealand's most famous one-day hike - the Tongariro Crossing
Included transport, accommodation and meals:
- Airport transfers in Auckland and Christchurch
- Minibus from Auckland to Christchurch with an experienced German-speaking naturalist driver/guide
- 18 nights in mid-range hotels and motels
- 1 night on a boat cruise in Doubtful Sound
- 19 x breakfasts (B), 3 x light lunches (L) and 6 x dinners (D)
Included activities and experiences:
- A cultural 4WD tour with insights into the life, land and heritage of the Ngāti-Pikiao in the Rotorua area
- Visit to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing day hike
- Excursion to Kapiti Island
- Guided evening tour in Zealandia Ecosanctuary
- Ferry crossing from the North to the South Island
- Dinner with a New Zealand family
- Catamaran trip in Abel Tasman National Park followed by a hike
- Doubtful Sound Overnight Cruise
- Monarch Wildlife Cruise with observation of royal albatrosses
New Zealand Nature Tour
- Price from (NZD)
- Deposit only
GUEST REVIEWSBe the first to review this tour! Click here.
Only $99 to secure your seat unless you book within 45 days of departure. Once your spot is booked, you can log in and customise your tour with any extra experiences or activities up to 45 days before departure.
A sample platter of North and the South Island highlights including the Coromandel, Tongariro, Rotorua, Kaikoura & Christchurch.View tour
Visit Queenstown, Wanaka, glaciers & rainforests then see more of the South Island on the world famous TranzAlpine rail journey.View tour
New Zealand Uncovered
Uncover all the beauty, adventure, culture and fun activities of New Zealand and tick practically everything off your bucket list.View tour
LIFE ON THE PLUS SIDE
Want to be featured here? Simply tag your Insta pics with #hakatours