New Zealand Safari Tour
This small group, German-speaking tour is packed with stunning scenery, natural history and geological encounters as you travel from Auckland to Christchurch (or reverse) over three weeks.
This tour is ideal for those looking to get off the beaten track. Highlights include staying with local farm families on the South Island, staying at a rustic lodge on the Whanganui River, sailing through the stunning Marlborough Sounds and cultural encounters with local Māori in Whakatane.
With an experienced German-speaking you will travel off the beaten track in a comfortable minibus, with a maximum of 14 guests. Choose from a selection of guaranteed departure dates
Included accommodation, transport and meals:
- Airport transfers in Auckland and Christchurch
- Minibus from Auckland to Christchurch with an experienced German-speaking naturalist driver/guide
- 18 nights in mid-range hotels and motels
- 1 night in a rustic lodge in the midst of nature in the Whanganui National Park (shared shower and toilet)
- 1 night in a rural guest house (shared shower and toilet)
- 20 x breakfasts (B), 2 x picnic lunches (L) and 8 x dinners (D)
Included activities and experiences:
- Cultural encounters with local Māori and a specially prepared hāngi
- Visit to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
- Jet boat trip on the Whanganui River with excursion to the Bridge to Nowhere
- Ferry crossing from the North to the South Island
- Two-day exclusive sailing boat charter in the Marlborough Sounds, with an overnight stay in a remote lodge.
- Boat and walking trip in Abel Tasman National Park
- Helicopter flight over the glaciers of the Southern Alps, including landing on the glacier
- Milford Sound Scenic Cruise
- Farm Tour
New Zealand Safari Tour
- Price from (NZD)
- Deposit only
Only $99 to secure your seat unless you book within 45 days of departure. Once your spot is booked, you can log in and customise your tour with any extra experiences or activities up to 45 days before departure.
A sample platter of North and the South Island highlights including the Coromandel, Tongariro, Rotorua, Kaikoura & Christchurch.View tour
Visit Queenstown, Wanaka, glaciers & rainforests then see more of the South Island on the world famous TranzAlpine rail journey.View tour
New Zealand Uncovered
Uncover all the beauty, adventure, culture and fun activities of New Zealand and tick practically everything off your bucket list.View tour
LIFE ON THE PLUS SIDE
Want to be featured here? Simply tag your Insta pics with #hakatours