Day 11: Craigieburn
Craigieburn has a cult following among locals who love big mountain skiing.
Terrain at Craigieburn Valley is varied, exciting and challenging, with the infamous 600m vertical descent of Middle Basin (which is often compared to a heli-skiing experience) accessible by a short traverse from the tow. Craigieburn Valley offers something for everyone – except beginners.
Steep and deep, with wide open powder bowls and lofty narrow chutes accessed by three high-capacity rope tows servicing a vertical rise of 503m, Craigieburn leaves little to be desired.
Dinner tonight at the Craigieburn Lodge is also included.
Want to download the tour itinerary? click here
Breakfast, Dinner, Lift Pass, Harness & Nutcracker
Difficulty: 20% Beginner, 55% Intermediate, 25% Advanced
Skiable Area: 400ha
- Day 1: Queenstown | The Remarkables
- Day 2: Queenstown | Coronet Peak
- Day 3: Queenstown
- Day 4: Queenstown to Wanaka | Cardrona
- Day 5: Wanaka | Treble Cone
- Day 6: Wanaka to Tekapo | Ohau
- Day 7: Tekapo to Christchurch | Roundhill/Mt Dobson/Mt Hutt
- Day 8: Christchurch to Springfield | Porters
- Day 9: Springfield | Broken River
- Day 10: Springfield to Craigieburn | Mt Olympus/Temple Basin
- Day 11: Craigieburn
- Day 12: Craigieburn to Christchurch