Day 8: Christchurch to Springfield | Porters
Rise and shine! We depart Christchurch at 6am and head straight to Porters, best known for its friendly and relaxed atmosphere. You can expect to find fewer people on these slopes and lots of untouched trails.
Porter’s lifts run up two distinct valleys: Bluff Face (which towers above the left of the base area) and Big Mama (which towers above the right).
At 620m, Big Mama boasts one of the largest vertical drops in one lift-accessed runs in New Zealand. Easy back-country riding is available from the top of the T3T-Bar.
For the next two nights we stay in the Springfield area, a snow sports enthusiast’s haven, complete with majestic views to enjoy after a busy day on the slopes plus some great bars and restaurants - ask your guide to recommend their favourites.
Want to download the tour itinerary? click here
Breakfast, Lift Pass
SLOPE INFO Porters Difficulty: 15% Beginner, 35% Intermediate, 50% Advanced Height:1950m Vertical: 610m Skiable Area: 350ha
- Day 1: Queenstown | The Remarkables
- Day 2: Queenstown | Coronet Peak
- Day 3: Queenstown
- Day 4: Wanaka | Cardrona
- Day 5: Wanaka | Treble Cone
- Day 6: Tekapo | Ohau
- Day 7: Christchurch | Roundhill/Mt Dobson
- Day 8: Christchurch to Springfield | Porters
- Day 9: Springfield | Broken River
- Day 10: Springfield to Craigieburn | Mt Olympus/Temple Basin
- Day 11: Craigieburn
- Day 12: Craigieburn to Christchurch