Day 9: Springfield | Broken River
Ready yourself for an epic adventure at Broken River.
Born in the early 1950s when the founding members were just 20 and 28 years old, this ski field is a testament to people who are truly passionate about creating amazing snow experiences.
The terrain consists of a large open basin serviced by five electrically driven rope tows. Yes, it’s time to learn how to use those nutcrackers!
Don’t worry if you are new to rope tows – our Tour Manager will help you with your technique. Most people take a few tries to get it right; it’s all part of the fun! Tow protection gloves are provided.
The highest point is 1820 metres and the total vertical is 420 metres, with lots of off-piste terrain available.
Want to download the tour itinerary? click here
Breakfast, Lift Pass, Harness & Nutcracker
Difficulty: 10% Beginner, 30% Intermediate, 60% Advanced
Skiable Area: 300ha
- Day 1: Queenstown | The Remarkables
- Day 2: Queenstown | Coronet Peak
- Day 3: Queenstown
- Day 4: Wanaka | Cardrona
- Day 5: Wanaka | Treble Cone
- Day 6: Tekapo | Ohau
- Day 7: Christchurch | Roundhill/Mt Dobson
- Day 8: Christchurch to Springfield | Porters
- Day 9: Springfield | Broken River
- Day 10: Springfield to Craigieburn | Mt Olympus/Temple Basin
- Day 11: Craigieburn
- Day 12: Craigieburn to Christchurch