Today is the last day of your tour!
Today you’ll start things off by learning to paddle a traditional waka (a Māori war canoe). Experience a karakia (blessing for protection), and learn tikanga (Māori knowledge and etiquette on the waka), all while getting out on the water to enjoy this unique included activity.
Our road trip continues along the northern edge of the South Island this afternoon. We’ll make a quick stop at Pelorus Bridge Scenic Reserve (a film location for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug) and make our way through Havelock as we wind our way towards Picton to catch the afternoon ferry to Wellington.
As the lights of Picton Harbour fade into the night, relax on board together for a chilled evening.
The tour officially finishes at 8pm today in Wellington, but your accommodation tonight is included.
- Paddle a Waka (war canoe)
- Visit Pelorus Bridge Scenic Reserve
- Cook Strait Ferry Crossing to Wellington
“Havelock is the green-lipped mussel capital of the world, you HAVE to try some if you get the chance!” – Tourism Advisor
OPTIONAL TRANSFER TO AUCKLAND TOMORROW Need to get back to Auckland? Tomorrow we offer for a small fee an optional transfer where you can catch a ride on the Haka bus with your tour guide back to Auckland, arriving around 7pm.
If your plan is to stay in Wellington there is still plenty to see and do. Perhaps a self-guided tour of Te Papa Museum, or visit the famous Weta Workshop where a lot of Lord of the Rings props were designed.
- Day 1: Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 2: Coromandel to Rotoroa
- Day 3: Rotoroa
- Day 4: Rotorua to Murupara
- Day 5: Murupara to Taupō
- Day 6: Taupō
- Day 7: Taupō to Wellington
- Day 8: Wellington to Kaikōura
- Day 9: Kaikōura to Christchurch
- Day 10: Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- Day 11: MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 12: Queenstown
- Day 13: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 14: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 15: Franz Josef
- Day 16: Franz Josef to Punakaiki
- Day 17: Punakaiki
- Day 18: Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
- Day 19: Abel Tasman
- Day 20: Abel Tasman to Wellington