Day 3: Rotoroa
Today is a free day to explore Rotorua and its surrounding area. Talk to your guide for the best free things to see and do in the neighbourhood (Kuirau Park’s steaming and hissing mud pools are a great option). There are also a number of optional activities you can choose from:
If adrenaline is your thing, the highest commercial waterfall drop in the world, on the Kaituna River, is begging to be conquered on an exhilarating rafting trip.
Perhaps you’d like to try thundering down grassy hills in a giant air-cushioned inflatable ball (aka ZORB)?
A day trip to Waitomo is another option today. Famous for its glowworms there are a number of ways to experience these twinking creatures up close. Discover the magic of both the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, as well as the enchanting Ruakuri Cave on a ‘2 cave combo’ walking/boat tour.
Or you can float along an underground river on a Black Water Rafting trip as the glow worms light your path. However you spend today - be sure to get a good night’s sleep as there are more Rotorua adventures tomorrow!
- Day 1: Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 2: Coromandel to Rotoroa
- Day 3: Rotoroa
- Day 4: Rotorua to Murupara
- Day 5: Murupara to Taupō
- Day 6: Taupō
- Day 7: Taupō to Wellington
- Day 8: Wellington to Kaikōura
- Day 9: Kaikōura to Christchurch
- Day 10: Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- Day 11: MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 12: Queenstown
- Day 13: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 14: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 15: Franz Josef
- Day 16: Franz Josef to Punakaiki
- Day 17: Punakaiki
- Day 18: Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
- Day 19: Abel Tasman
- Day 20: Abel Tasman to Wellington