Day 11: Abel Tasman to Wellington
Today you’ll start things off by learning to paddle a traditional waka (a Māori war canoe). Experience a karakia (blessing for protection), and learn tikanga (waka etiquette) all while getting out on the water to enjoy this unique included activity.
Our road trip continues along the northern edge of the South Island this afternoon. We’ll stop for tasting at a local winery, and there's a chance to taste some famous New Zealand mussels in Havelock as we wind our way towards Picton to catch the evening ferry to Wellington.
As the lights of Picton Harbour fade into the night, relax on board together for a chilled evening.
Want to download the tour itinerary? click here
- Day 1: Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- Day 2: MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 3: Queenstown
- Day 4: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 5: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 6: Franz Josef
- Day 7: Franz Josef to Punakaiki
- Day 8: Punakaiki
- Day 9: Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
- Day 10: Abel Tasman
- Day 11: Abel Tasman to Wellington
- Day 12: Wellington