Backyard Beauties Tour
Join us on this New Zealand adventure tour for thirteen unforgettable days exploring Wellington, Christchurch, Wanaka, Abel Tasman National Park, Franz Josef Glacier, Punakaiki and Queenstown – with the option to visit Milford Sound along the way.
We have some amazing included sights and activities over your 13 day action-packed adventure holiday in New Zealand. You’ll be strolling secluded beaches, traversing jaw-dropping mountain ranges, paddling a Māori waka, staying in a lush rainforest, being wowed by the stars at an International Dark Sky Reserve, admiring turquoise lakes, intriguing rock formations, blue glaciers, picturesque cities, quaint gold-rush towns and carving your own greenstone pendant – phew! So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get this adventure started!
Plus feel free to add on your choice of activities along the way to maximise your New Zealand holiday. Perhaps you yearn to take on New Zealand’s highest bungy? Step right up! Want to experience a high-speed jet-boat ride through a canyon close to where jetboating was invented? You got it! Want to hike the blue ice of a glacier after a breathtaking helicopter ride? We know the place to go! Fancy a scenic flight over two World Heritage Parks? We’ve got it covered. If paragliding has been your dream, we know where to get the best air – and dream views!
Backyard Beauties Tour Tips:
Activities can also be purchased on the road – just let your tour guide know. We can't always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to book accommodation in Wellington with us the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on the day the tour starts makes for a stress-free morning!
The tour price includes dorm share accommodation (4–6 share) but if you would prefer your own space you have the option to upgrade to a private room. You can select this upgrade when you start building your tour online.
Visit the famous Pancake Rocks in Punakaiki (Included)
This rock formation - fondly known as the 'pancake rocks' - was formed over 30 million years ago.
Spend 2 nights in Queenstown (Included)
Enjoy plenty of playtime in the Adventure Capital of the World.
Paddle a waka (Māori canoe) with your Haka group (Included)
Discover the waters in the same way our ancestors did for thousands of years.
What's included on every adventure tour:
- Small groups, up to 16 people
- Passionate Kiwi guides
- Comfortable bus transport
- High-end hostel accommodation
- Tasty continental breakfasts every day
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
What's also included on this tour:
- 13 nights in high-end hostel accommodation (dorm share as standard)
- Iconic ferry ride between the North and South Islands across the Cook Strait
- Fall in love with Wellington’s cafe and craft beer culture
- Explore downtown Christchurch and see its inspiring regeneration since the 2011 quake
- Visit the tiny Church of the Good Shepherd, nestled by the shores of Lake Tekapo
- Unparalleled stargazing opportunities in Tekapo’s Dark Sky Reserve
- Visit the charming, historic gold rush village of Arrowtown
- Carve your own pounamu (jade) pendant in Franz Josef
- Visit the Mountain Jade Factory in Hokitika
- Visit the famous Pancake Rocks of Punakaiki
- Two nights and a full day to play in the coastal paradise of Abel Tasman National Park
- Learn to paddle a waka (Māori war canoe) along the Abel Tasman coastline
ENHANCE YOUR TRIP WITH ADD-ON ACTIVITIES AND UPGRADES
Your tour includes all the essentials but you can add extra wow-factor to your tour by adding on the activities and accommodation upgrades that suit you best.
Optional activities you can add to this trip at checkout:
Backyard Beauties Tour
- Price from (NZD)
- Deposit only
Only $99 to secure your seat unless you book within 45 days of departure. Once your spot is booked, you can log in and customise your tour with any extra experiences or activities up to 45 days before departure.
FAQ - Backyard Beauties Tour
Coasts & Culture Tour
Enjoy adventure activities, incredible scenery and fascinating Māori culture as we show you the highlights between Auckland to Wellington.View tour
South Island Lick Tour
A week with wow factor! Tick off iconic South Island destinations with unbeatable scenery and a large dose of adventure.View tour
Amplified NZ Tour
Discover the best of the North and South Island. Tours run from Auckland to Christchurch, or Christchurch to Auckland.View tour
TASTE THE ADVENTURE
Want to be featured here? Simply tag your Insta pics with #hakatours