Day 1: Wellington to Kaikoura
Packed with quirky cafes and beautiful street art, and famous for its wind, Wellington will blow you away in more ways than one! Your guide will introduce you to some of our favourite spots this morning. If there wasn’t a chance yesterday we’ll take a trip up Mount Victoria for the best views in town.
This afternoon we say farewell to the North Island with a scenic ferry journey across the Cook Strait. The South Island has a stunning welcome in store for us – gliding through the Marlborough Sounds as we approach Picton Harbour, you’ll feel like you’re in another world.
Our next destination, Kaikōura literally means “to eat crayfish”, and the area is teeming with them. The nutrient-rich waters of this area attract a wide variety of marine wildlife including the stars of the show – the whales and dolphins.
- Cook Strait Ferry Crossing
- Day 1: Wellington to Kaikoura
- Day 2: Kaikoura to Christchurch
- Day 3: Christchurch to Tekapo
- Day 4: Tekapo to Queenstown
- Day 5: Queenstown
- Day 6: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 7: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 8: Franz Josef
- Day 9: Franz Josef to Punakaiki
- Day 10: Punakaiki
- Day 11: Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
- Day 12: Abel Tasman
- Day 13: Abel Tasman to Wellington