Day 12: Abel Tasman
Abel Tasman… you beauty. Lush forests, golden sandy beaches, sheltered bays, and jaw-dropping views… not to mention the local seals, dolphins and bird life..
You might like to hike part of the Abel Tasman Coast Track – one of New Zealand’s nine Great Walks – or paddle a kayak to Split Apple Rock. You could jump, slide, abseil, float and zipline your way through the park on an awesome canyoning adventure.
Fancy a relaxing day instead? Choose yourself a golden beach and make yourself at home.
- Day 1: Wellington to Kaikoura
- Day 2: Kaikoura to Christchurch
- Day 3: Christchurch to Tekapo
- Day 4: Tekapo to Queenstown
- Day 5: Queenstown
- Day 6: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 7: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 8: Franz Josef
- Day 9: Franz Josef to Punakaiki
- Day 10: Punakaiki
- Day 11: Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
- Day 12: Abel Tasman
- Day 13: Abel Tasman to Wellington