Bay of Islands Tour
In this three day (and 3 night) tour, we’ll travel from Auckland to Northland and explore some of the Bay of Islands before heading back to Auckland. You’ll have the opportunity to visit Paihia, Russell, Waitangi, Cape Reinga (the very tip of New Zealand) and some of the 144 islands that make up the magnificent Bay of Islands.
Venture with us to the region known as ‘The Winterless North’! While we can’t promise sunshine 100% of the time, we can assure you that you’ll get to explore some truly spectacular scenery and have plenty of opportunity to take part in some once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Lush green hills, sweeping beaches, epic marine life, giant sand dunes, idyllic islands, and settlements steeped in culture and history – the Northland and Bay of Islands region is truly special.
We love this area so much that we have our own accommodation here! Haka Lodge Paihia boasts amazing views out to the Bay of Islands and some of the nicest and most knowledgeable staff.
We’ll have plenty of included activities and stops along our journey including visiting Tane Mahuta - the Lord of the Forest, taking time to explore Waitangi Treaty Grounds, short walks through lush subtropicial rainforest, enjoying fish and chips at sunset, visiting picture-perfect waterfalls and a rest stop at the Hundertwasser Toilets!
Optional add-on activities include skydiving, scuba diving (both beginner or advanced), swimming with dolphins, a catamaran cruise or a side-trip up to Cape Reinga to see the where the Pacific Ocean and Tasman Sea meet – with the option to go sand-boarding down giant dunes! Or simply enjoy the town of Paihia or take the ferry to historic Russell.
Bay of Islands Tour Tips:
- As you build your tour online, you will see many optional activities available to add – but remember, none of these are compulsory. Not sure which activities to choose? No problem. Once you've paid a deposit and secured your seat you can add activities anytime until 45 days prior to departure.
- Activities can be pre-booked or purchased on the road - just let your tour guide know. We can't always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
- This tour is great if you want a magical, yet quick escape to soak up the sun – but it needn't end after 3 days, as our 7 day North Island Adventure tour also departs Auckland and takes in a a huge array of highlights en route to Wellington.
- As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to book accommodation with us in Auckland the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on day 1 makes for a stress-free morning. Accommodation is included on the last night of your tour.
Visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds (Included)
We love giving guests this opportunity to learn about Māori culture and the birth of our nation.
Drive to the very top of New Zealand (Add-On)
Book an optional day trip to Cape Reinga and see where the Tasman sea and Pacific Ocean meet.
The Perfect Introduction to Scuba Diving (Guide Pick)
Learn to dive at one of the most popular dive spots in the Bay of Islands.
What's included on every adventure tour:
- Small groups, up to 16 people
- Passionate Kiwi guides
- Comfortable bus transport
- High-end hostel accommodation
- Tasty continental breakfasts every day
What's also included on this tour:
- 3 nights of accommodation in 4-6 person dorm share
- Continental breakfast every day
- Fish & chip dinner with spectacular Bay of Islands views
- Marvel at the Hokianga Harbour and its giant sand dunes
- Vist Tāne Mahuta – a giant kauri tree in the Waipoua Forest
- Visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, the birthplace of New Zealand
- Check out the Hundertwasser Toilets in Kawakawa
- Take in amazing coastlines and golden beaches
- Plus surprise stops on the way
ENHANCE YOUR TRIP WITH ADD-ON ACTIVITIES AND UPGRADES
Your tour includes all the essentials but you can add extra wow-factor to your tour by adding on the activities and accommodation upgrades that suit you best.
Optional activities you can add to this trip at checkout:
Bay of Islands Winterless North Tour
- Price from (NZD)
- Deposit only
ADVENTURE OR HAKA PLUS?
Learn about the differences between this tour and our premium Haka Plus tours. Click here >
Only $99 to secure your seat unless you book within 45 days of departure. Once your spot is booked, you can log in and customise your tour with any extra experiences or activities up to 45 days before departure.
FAQ - Bay of Islands Winterless North Tour
North Island Adventure Tour
Enjoy adventure activities, incredible scenery and fascinating Māori culture as we show you the highlights between Auckland to Wellington.View tour
South Island Lick Tour
A week with wow factor! Tick off iconic South Island destinations with unbeatable scenery and a large dose of adventure.View tour
Amplified NZ Tour
Discover the best of the North and South Island. Tours run from Auckland to Christchurch, or Christchurch to Auckland.View tour
You love our tours
Don’t give it a second thought- visit NZ and sign up for a Haka Tour!!! I just got back from the South Island Haka tour and definitely have to say it was one of the best vacations ever. Our tour guide, Baby J, was incredibly chill and organized. The trip was e...
My first solo trip was memorable thanks to haka tours. I went on the 16 day amplified tour with guide Baby J aka Andy. The inclusions were action packed from hiking to just chilling carving a jade pendant (actually a bit of a highlight). I didn’t do a lot of a...
Had an amazing time seeing snow for the first time and learning to snow board.our guide Mike was exceptional and very friendly.the highlight of the trip was learning about the Wanaka tree which is one of the great wonders of the world
TASTE THE ADVENTURE
Want to be featured here? Simply tag your Insta pics with #hakatours