Three Week NZ Wide Tour
Everything you expect from a three-week tour of New Zealand and then some! Over 23 unforgettable days (and 23 nights) you’ll experience it all: secluded beaches, jaw-dropping scenery, Māori culture, mountainous ranges, lush rainforests and more adventure activities than you could ever tick off your bucket list.
From the idyllic Bay of Islands, through a geothermal wonderland of bubbling mud, traversing mighty mountains and then hiking the blue glacial ice of the wild West Coast, you’ll soon see that New Zealand is filled with many different landscapes and opportunities for adventure!
This small-group guided tour of the North and South Island will visit Coromandel, Rotorua, Taupo, Wellington, Kaikōura, Wanaka, Queenstown, Tekapo (an International Dark Sky Reserve), the Bay of Islands, Abel Tasman National Park, Punakaiki and Franz Josef Glacier, with the option to visit Hobbiton, Waitomo, The Tongariro Crossing and Milford Sound along the way.
As with all our tours, we do include a few 'must-do' events, ranging from a Māori cultural night to learning to paddle a waka (Māori war canoe), and even a greenstone carving experience.
You’ll see a massive range of optional activities available to add, from bungy jumping and dolphin swimming to jet boating and scenic flights. None of these are compulsory; just add the ones you want.
Epic Tour Tips: Activities can also be purchased on the road – just let your tour guide know. We can't always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to book accommodation in Auckland with us the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on the day the tour starts makes for a stress-free morning!
The tour price includes dorm share accommodation (4–6 share) but if you would prefer your own space you have the option to upgrade to a private room for the duration of your tour. You can select this upgrade when you start building your tour online. Please note: private room upgrades are not available for one night on this tour: the cultural experience at Kohutapu Lodge in Murupara.
Meet Northland’s legendary 'Lord of the Forest' (Included)
Learn about this ancient 51-metre kauri tree estimated to be over 1500 years old.
Leap from the very spot bungy was invented! (Add-On)
Test your limits and bungy jump off Kawerau bridge – the Home of Bungy.
Abel Tasman National Park (Guide Pick)
Explore the undisputedly gorgeous golden coastal scenery of this pristine wilderness area.
All Haka Adventure tours include
- ORIENTATION TOURS we give you the low-down on every location
- COMFORTABLE TRANSPORT with plenty of room to spread out
- CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST EVERY DAY heaps of options for everyone (you too, vegans!)
- HIGH-END HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION dorm share, upgrades available
- CULTURAL EXPERIENCES To teach you about our unique Māori culture
- EXPERIENCED LOCAL GUIDE friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about NZ
- SMALL GROUPS - MAXIMUM 16 because you're more than just a number!
What's also included on this tour:
- Discover NZ's most spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Areas
- Journey through 7 National Parks
- Visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, the birthplace of New Zealand
- Feast on a fish and chips dinner with spectacular Bay of Islands views
- Explore Northland’s East Coast, peppered with stunning beaches and coastal walks
- Stunning walk to the spectacular arched cavern of Coromandel’s Cathedral Cove
- Dig your own hot tub at world famous Hot Water Beach
- Learn a haka and learn to weave flax with a local iwi (tribe)
- Visit Te Puia - a local cultural centre - to learn more about traditional Māori culture and discover Rotorua’s geothermal wonders
- See kiwi birds up close and personal
- Eat a traditional Māori hāngī meal cooked in an underground oven
- Follow your nose to Rotorua’s bubbling mud pools
- Discover what makes Huka Falls the most visited natural attraction in NZ
- Check out the views from Matairangi/Mount Victoria, Wellington
- Fall in love with Wellington’s cafe and craft beer culture
- Iconic ferry ride between the North and South Islands across the Cook Strait
- Get up close to Kaikōura’s cutest residents at a local seal colony
- Explore downtown Christchurch and see its inspiring regeneration since the 2011 quake
- Visit the tiny Church of the Good Shepherd, nestled by the shores of Lake Tekapo
- Unparalleled stargazing opportunities in Tekapo’s Dark Sky Reserve
- Visit the charming, historic gold rush village of Arrowtown
- Carve your own pounamu (greenstone/jade) pendant in Franz Josef
- Discover the beauty and history of pounamu in Hokitika, the greenstone capital of the country
- Visit the famous Pancake Rocks of Punakaiki
- Two nights and a full day to play in the coastal paradise of Abel Tasman National Park
- Learn to paddle a waka (Māori war canoe) along the Abel Tasman coastline
- Plus many surprise stops along the way
ENHANCE YOUR TRIP WITH ADD-ON ACTIVITIES AND UPGRADES
Your tour includes all the essentials but you can add extra wow-factor to your tour by adding on the activities and accommodation upgrades that suit you best.
Optional activities you can add to this trip at checkout:
Epic NZ Tour
- Price from (NZD)
- Deposit only
WIN AN ADVENTURE TOUR!
Win a 16-day Amplified Tour and add-on activity pack, worth over $4000. Click here to enter!
Only $99 to secure your seat unless you book within 45 days of departure. Once your spot is booked, you can log in and customise your tour with any extra experiences or activities up to 45 days before departure.
FAQ - Epic NZ Tour
North Island Adventure Tour
Enjoy adventure activities, incredible scenery and fascinating Māori culture as we show you the highlights between Auckland to Wellington.View tour
South Island Lick Tour
A week with wow factor! Tick off iconic South Island destinations with unbeatable scenery and a large dose of adventure.View tour
Amplified NZ Tour
Discover the best of the North and South Island. Tours run from Auckland to Christchurch, or Christchurch to Auckland.View tour
You love our tours
I was on tour with Benny and only joined it last minute with my sister. I'm so glad I did! I had such an amazing time with a great group and Benny made it so much fun for everyone. He put in the extra effort to celebrate one of the girls on tours birthdays and...
I came on the tour alone which I was a little nervous about but everyone was super friendly, Baby j the tour guide organised everything perfectly and split up long journeys everything was perfect!
When I signed up for the tour I was a bit anxious as I’m definitely not an athletic type, more a flatland walker especially as I creep up in age. But I didn’t need to worry. I avoided the extreme options sticking to boating, a skydive and the many included hik...
TASTE THE ADVENTURE
Want to be featured here? Simply tag your Insta pics with #hakatours