Day 1: Auckland to Paihia
Kia ora! Nau mai, haere mai ki Aotearoa!
Hello and welcome to New Zealand –The Land of the Long White Cloud!
After our 8am welcome breakfast, we’ll kick off our tour with a leisurely scenic drive to the subtropical “Winterless North”.
The Northland region is home to some seriously ancient and impressive kauri forests. We’ll stroll through the largest of these – the Waipoua Forest – to meet Tane Mahuta, the largest of them all. At over 1,250 years old and over 51 metres tall, he’s looking pretty good for his age.
We reach the town of Paihia, the jewel of the Bay of Islands, in the early evening. As the sun sets, we’ll treat you all to a fish and chips feast overlooking the water. It doesn’t get more Kiwi than that!
- See Tane Mahuta
- Fish & Chips Dinner
- Day 1: Auckland to Paihia
- Day 2: Paihia
- Day 3: Paihia to Auckland
- Day 4: Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 5: Coromandel to Rotorua
- Day 6: Rotorua
- Day 7: Rotorua to Murupara
- Day 8: Murupara to Taupō
- Day 9: Taupō
- Day 10: Taupō to Wellington
- Day 11: Wellington to Kaikōura
- Day 12: Kaikōura to Christchurch
- Day 13: Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- Day 14: MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 15: Queenstown
- Day 16: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 17: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 18: Franz Josef
- Day 19: Franz Josef to Punakaiki
- Day 20: Punakaiki
- Day 21: Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
- Day 22: Abel Tasman
- Day 23: Abel Tasman to Wellington