Day 2: Paihia
With more than 140 sub-tropical islands dotted around the coastline, how will you spend your day in the Bay?
Hitting the water is the best way to enjoy the coves and beaches of this corner of paradise, and the options are endless. Cruise through a natural rock archway, explore the ocean floor on a scuba mission, sail in search of the local dolphins, or snorkel your way around beautiful islands. Check out our optional activities for ideas or hit up your guide for inspiration.
For an epic day out, take a road trip to Cape Reinga – the northernmost tip of New Zealand – to see where the Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean collide. It’s an unforgettable sight.
You'll have the chance to hire a kayak, sail boat or stand-up paddleboard and check out the Bay of Islands from sea level. Whatever you choose, you’ll have epic stories to swap with your travel buddies tonight as the sun sets on an awesome day.
This evening hop on board a catamaran for an included Sundowner Cruise! Departing at 5pm you'll enjoy some smooth sailing aboard a catamaran and explore the inner bays of Paihia, Opua, Russel and Waitangi from a different perspective.
- Bay of Islands Sundowner Cruise
- Day 1: Auckland to Paihia
- Day 2: Paihia
- Day 3: Paihia to Auckland
- Day 4: Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 5: Coromandel to Rotorua
- Day 6: Rotorua
- Day 7: Rotorua to Murupara
- Day 8: Murupara to Taupō
- Day 9: Taupō
- Day 10: Taupō to Wellington
- Day 11: Wellington to Kaikōura
- Day 12: Kaikōura to Christchurch
- Day 13: Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- Day 14: MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 15: Queenstown
- Day 16: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 17: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 18: Franz Josef
- Day 19: Franz Josef to Punakaiki
- Day 20: Punakaiki
- Day 21: Punakaiki to Abel Tasman
- Day 22: Abel Tasman
- Day 23: Abel Tasman to Wellington