Day 14: Rotorua
Today is a free day to explore Rotorua and its surrounding area. Talk to your guide for the best free things to see and do in the neighbourhood (Kuirau Park’s steaming and hissing mud pools are a great option). There are also a number of optional activities you can choose from:
If adrenaline is your thing, the highest commercial waterfall drop in the world, on the Kaituna River, is begging to be conquered on an exhilarating rafting trip.
Perhaps you’d like to try thundering down grassy hills in a giant air-cushioned inflatable ball (aka ZORB)?
A day trip to Waitomo is another option today. Famous for its glowworms there are a number of ways to experience these twinking creatures up close. Discover the magic of both the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, as well as the enchanting Ruakuri Cave on a ‘2 cave combo’ walking/boat tour.
Or you can float along an underground river on a Black Water Rafting trip as the glow worms light your path.
However you spend today - be sure to get a good night’s sleep as there are more Rotorua adventures tomorrow!
- Day 1: Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- Day 2: MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 3: Queenstown
- Day 4: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 5: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 6: Franz Josef
- Day 7: Franz Josef to Christchurch
- Day 8: Christchurch to Kaikōura
- Day 9: Kaikōura to Wellington
- Day 10: Wellington to Taupō
- Day 11: Taupō
- Day 12: Taupō to Murupara
- Day 13: Murupara to Rotorua
- Day 14: Rotorua
- Day 15: Rotorua to Coromandel
- Day 16: Coromandel to Auckland