Beautiful remote beaches, dense wooded forest and clear blue waters make the Coromandel one of New Zealand’s favourite getaways. At low tide, we’ll make our way out to the world-famous Hot Water Beach.
When the tide’s out, you can dig a hole in the sand where natural hot springs bubble up to create your own personal hot tub!
Finally, we head to Auckland, New Zealand’s biggest city. Auckland sits on the narrow sliver of land where the Northland peninsula tapers south to meet the rest of the North Island. So the sea is always nearby, and it isn't difficult to guess the origin of its nickname ‘City of Sails’.
We arrive around 5pm, where we'll say our final farewells before a final night of accommodation – you don't want to pass up the chance to sleep in! Or if you have a few spare days, why not hop on our three day Bay of Islands tour?
- Visit Hot Water Beach
- Day 1: Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- Day 2: MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 3: Queenstown
- Day 4: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 5: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 6: Franz Josef
- Day 7: Franz Josef to Christchurch
- Day 8: Christchurch to Kaikōura
- Day 9: Kaikōura to Wellington
- Day 10: Wellington to Taupō
- Day 11: Taupō
- Day 12: Taupō to Murupara
- Day 13: Murupara to Rotorua
- Day 14: Rotorua
- Day 15: Rotorua to Coromandel
- Day 16: Coromandel to Auckland