Day 8: Christchurch to Kaikōura
You can have a lie in this morning if you want! Alternatively, there is an opportunity for hot air ballooning, surf lessons and tank driving. There is also a chance to explore the city and do some shopping before we leave for Kaikōura.
Rugged snowcapped mountains drop right down to the beach in Kaikōura, making it an incredible backdrop to experience the famous sea life in the area.
There’s something for every traveler in Kaikōura: go giant whale watching, take a surf lesson, go fishing, kayak, play mini-golf or swim with hundreds of friendly and curious wild dolphins in the bright blue water; how often do you get to swim with dolphins in the wild?
Be sure to have your camera ready for a visit to the fur seal colonies (there may even be even baby seals!) and for all of the great sea life you’re going to spot.
- Visit a seal colony
- Day 1: Christchurch to MacKenzie Country
- Day 2: MacKenzie Country to Queenstown
- Day 3: Queenstown
- Day 4: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 5: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 6: Franz Josef
- Day 7: Franz Josef to Christchurch
- Day 8: Christchurch to Kaikōura
- Day 9: Kaikōura to Wellington
- Day 10: Wellington to Taupō
- Day 11: Taupō
- Day 12: Taupō to Murupara
- Day 13: Murupara to Rotorua
- Day 14: Rotorua
- Day 15: Rotorua to Coromandel
- Day 16: Coromandel to Auckland