Over the years we have fine-tuned our tour processes to ensure a safe, stress-free and awesome New Zealand tour. Please ensure you are familiar with our terms and conditions. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at - firstname.lastname@example.org or call+64 9 520 5593.
Haka Tours Responsibilities
1. Your Reservation
Once your deposit of $99/ Full payment has been made your contract is only valid once HAKA TOURS LTD has confirmed your booking. Contracts are subject to availability & at our discretion.
2. Tour Pricing
2.1 Pricing is listed in NZD unless otherwise stated.
2.2 All fares published supersede all prices previously advertised.
2.3 From time-to-time Haka Tours LTD may offer reduced pricing on certain products or services. Reduced pricing applies only to new bookings. Bookings where payment of at least a deposit has been received by the Tour Operator are not entitled to reduced pricing.
3. If we cancel or change a Haka Tour
3.1 HAKA TOURS LTD reserves the right to make changes to their itineraries or cancel any tour, including a guaranteed tour, either prior to the tour starting or during the tour, if something beyond the control of HAKA TOURS LTD deems it necessary; including natural disasters, political instability, terrorism, weather, cultural conditions or other external events. HAKA TOURS LTD will inform all booked customers of any changes or cancellations by email or phone.
3.2 If HAKA TOURS LTD cancels a tour in which you are holding a fully paid booking you may choose between an alternative tour or a full refund. HAKA TOURS LTD holds no responsibility for any incidental expenses that you may have occurred as a result of your booking being cancelled.
3.3 If the alternative tour chosen is of a lower value than that originally booked then you are entitled to a refund of the price difference. If the difference is higher you must pay the difference.
Itineraries are subject to alteration without notice & are intended as a guide only. HAKA TOURS LTD reserves the right to change the itinerary without any notice. Any additional expenses incurred by the passenger is not HAKA TOURS LTD responsibility. HAKA TOURS LTD can give no guarantees as to the exact arrival & departure times for carriers and operators used by HAKA TOURS LTD & will not be liable for the failure of any services or attractions beyond its control.
5.1 Whilst HAKA TOURS LTD will take all reasonable steps to provide an enjoyable tour, it accepts no liability for any loss of enjoyment experienced by passengers due to circumstances HAKA TOURS LTD deems as beyond its control. HAKA TOURS LTD further accepts no liability for any loss beyond its reasonable control and provides no warranties in addition to those set out under The Fair Trading Act 1986, and nothing herein restricts any passenger from exercising their rights and remedies to pursuant to Law.
5.2 Your Travel Agent will forward booking confirmations and other payments to HAKA TOURS LTD on your behalf, but your Travel Agent is not our agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Receipt of booking confirmations and subsequent payments by the Travel Agent does not constitute receipt of those monies by HAKA TOURS LTD and the Travel Agent has no authority expressed or implied to receive monies on our behalf. There is no liability on the part of HAKA TOURS LTD in respect to any monies paid to the passengers Travel Agent unless and until HAKA TOURS LTD notifies the passenger (by way of a booking confirmation advice) that monies have been received by HAKA TOURS LTD.
5.3 The optional tour excursions are not operated by, or at the direction of, or on behalf of HAKA TOURS LTD, its employees or agents or any other persons or companies associated with HAKA TOURS LTD. All optional activities are an additional cost to the tour price and by taking bookings for these tours, HAKA TOURS LTD acts as the agent for each of the optional activity suppliers.
5.4 These tours include the services of operators other than HAKA TOURS LTD e.g Hoteliers, Airlines and optional tour excursions, which are not under the direct control of HAKA TOURS LTD & whilst all reasonable care is taken in selecting these operators it cannot accept responsibility for the operators conduct or the conduct of the representative employees or agents or for any ramifications of that conduct.
5.5 On tours including activities such as trekking, swimming & snorkelling, passengers accept that degrees of risk are involved.
5.6 No passenger will be permitted to embark or continue on tour while their mental or physical condition is, in the opinion of any representative of HAKA TOURS LTD, such as to render them incapable of caring for themselves or whereby they become objectionable to other passengers or they become a hazard to themselves or other passengers. HAKA TOURS LTD will not be responsible for any expenses resulting in such persons being precluded from completing the tour.
1. Your Booking
1.1 In order to reserve your seat on the tour a non-refundable deposit of $99NZD per person is required to secure your seat. The deposit is accepted as the first payment instalment.
1.2 Any special meal requirements will be made on a request basis only. HAKA TOURS LTD cannot guarantee these requests nor will it assume responsibility if these are not fulfilled.
2. Paying your balance
2.1 The balance of your tour must be paid in full no later than 45 days prior to the tour scheduled departure date. The date is referenced on the confirmation issued to you by HAKA TOURS LTD.
2.2 If payment is not made by the due date HAKA TOURS LTD reserves the right to cancel your booking and assume any cancellation charges as per clause 3 below.
2.3 In the case of bookings made between 45 days and the scheduled departure date full payment is required at the time of booking.
2.4 For all credit card payments made over the phone or online there is a 2% credit card fee per transaction.
3.1 If for any reason you do need to cancel your tour there a few things to be aware of. Your $99 is a non-refundable deposit, however, in the event that you need to cancel outside of the cancellation period we will hold your deposit on file for life & this can be used towards a future departure.
3.2 Upon cancellation, you will be liable to pay a fee to cover the cost of expenses incurred to HAKA TOURS LTD at the time of booking in the below schedule.
Tour Cost is inclusive of any additional activities and pre/post accommodation
For Adventure Tours & Snow Tours:
|Period of notice||Cancellation Fee|
|Outside 45 days||Loss of $99NZD|
|8 - 44 days||50% of tour cost|
|Within 7 days||100% of tour cost|
For Haka Plus Tours:
|Period of notice||Cancellation Fee|
|Outside 60 days||Loss of $99NZD|
|30 - 59 days||50% of tour cost|
|15 - 29 days||75% of tour cost|
|Within 14 days||100% of tour cost|
3.3 Please be aware if you are booked through a third party such as a travel agent, their cancellation policy and terms and conditions may differ from our own. Be sure to check their particular terms.
3.4 No refund will be given if you voluntarily leave a tour for any reason.
4. Booking Amendments
4.1 Changes to activities & additional accommodation is not permitted within 45 days of departure to tour.
4.2 If you need to change to an alternative departure date you may do so in accordance with the below fee table.
|Period of notice||Amendment Fee|
|Outside 45 days||No fee|
|8 - 44 days||$500 Admin Fee|
|Within 7 days||100% of tour cost|
4.3 If the tour you are changing to has a higher price you are liable to cover the difference.
General Terms & Conditions
1. Minimum & Maximum numbers
1.1 HAKA TOURS LTD does require a minimum number of bookings in order for a tour to be financially viable & to have a pleasant group atmosphere. This means that in the event of our minimum numbers not being reached, it may be necessary to cancel a scheduled tour. In this event, we will endeavour to offer an alternative tour date.
1.2 The last possible date on which a decision for a tour to be cancelled will be no later than 30 days prior to departure.
1.3 HAKA TOURS LTD restricts guests number to a maximum of 16 pax per tour. Prior to booking any flights or making any travel arrangements customers are required to receive a confirmation from HAKA TOURS LTD to confirm their place on tour. In this case, it would be a ‘welcome letter’ sent via email from HAKA TOURS LTD.
2.1 Our included accommodation for our standard adventure and snow tours is dorm share (unless you have upgraded to a private room). While our maximum number of guests is 6 per room on the odd occasion this may be more. For Haka Plus, accommodation is twinshare as standard.
Government regulations forbid smoking in tourist coaches. The vast majority of our accommodation are also non-smoking, with some having designated smoking areas outside.
4. Age Policy
HAKA TOURS LTD offers adventure and snow tours across NZ that are designed for travellers that are young at heart and ready for an adventure. Due to the vast majority of accommodations we use, we cannot accept anyone who is under the age of 18 on our tours unless at the discretion of a representative of HAKA TOURS LTD. Anyone who is over the age of 60 is welcome to join our tours but please just be aware that a moderate level of fitness is required. If you have any concerns surrounding your health on our tours please contact us and we will be more than happy to discuss your options.
5. Luggage Policies
Within NZ each guest on a tour is entitled to take one case, the sum of its length, width & depth not to exceed 160 cm (63 inches), a weight limit of 20 kilos alongside a small day pack. Your luggage should not exceed airline regulations. Over-limit luggage cannot be carried due to limited space.
6. Pre Booked Activities
6.1 The activity pricing is set by other operators and may rise at any time and is outside of our control. Therefore at 45 days out HAKA TOURS LTD reserves the right to charge the customers any difference in price in order to match the most recent price charged by operators at the time. We estimate prices go up at a rate of around 2-5% per year.
6.2 By pre-booking activities you confirm that HAKA TOURS LTD reserves the right to add of these additional prices to your account as ’’Activity Price Alignments’’
6.3 Any activities that are added on within 45 days of your departure (only applicable for guests booking their tour within 45 days) are subject to availability and are on a request basis only.
7. Optional activities booked on tour
7.1 Activities that you book whilst you are on tour are charged at the retail rate. We operate a voucher system which means we pay the operator direct and add this to your own personal account. Your tab system has a limit of $500NZD which means we will take payment for activities along the way once your limit has reached $500. Your balance can be paid via credit card or in NZD cash. Please note, for any credit card payments a 2% credit card fee per transaction is applicable. All activities booked through your tour manager require 72 hours notice in order to be cancelled without you incurring a charge. This is as per the cancellation policies of the activity suppliers.
8. Customer Feedback
If a problem occurs during your tour then it is in your own best interests to inform your Tour Manager immediately. This will ensure steps can be taken to resolve the problem straight away. If for any reason you do not feel comfortable consulting your tour manager then the next best thing to do is to give our head office a call and inform the team. Any complaints must be made in writing to us within 30 days of your tour.
9. Travel Insurance
9.1 Travel insurance is your responsibility. The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs And Trade strongly recommends you obtain travel insurance at the time you pay for your travel. Failure to obtain travel insurance is at your own risk. When obtaining travel insurance you must comply with the insurers’ regulations & disclose all information relating to your tour.
9.2 If for any reason you are unable to travel within the cancellation policy due to illness or medical reasons HAKA TOURS LTD is not liable to reimburse you however we will provide a detailed description of your tour for your insurers.
10. Accident Compensation Commission(ACC)
If you are injured whilst in NZ, ACC may be able to help with the cost of the treatment & support you need whilst in NZ. However, it is important to be aware that you cannot sue for personal injury - ACC replaces that right. Furthermore, ACC only covers treatment and rehabilitation costs whilst in NZ; It is not a replacement for travel insurance and does not cover illness, disrupted travel plans or emergency travel to get you home.
11. Local Partners
In many parts of NZ, HAKA TOURS LTD works with highly reputable local specialist operators. These local partners are all passionate about the activities they operate and offer the same high standards as HAKA TOURS LTD.
12. What’s not included in the tour price
Airfares to & from the tour starting point, airport taxes, passport & visa costs, airport & ferry transfers to the tour departure point, insurance, laundry, phone calls, beverages, meals not specified in the itinerary, excess baggage fees, additional activities.
13. Passports & Visas
13.1 All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel & many countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of your return. It is important that you check all country requirements before you arrive.
13.2 HAKA TOURS LTD is not liable for any fines, penalties or expenditure as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities as this is your sole responsibility.
13.3 Should you require a referral letter to apply for a visa, HAKA TOURS LTD requires you to pay no less than 50% of your total tour cost before this can be provided. Should you not be successful in obtaining a visa, HAKA TOURS LTD will refund your tour minus the $99NZD deposit if it is 45 days out from departure and only on the basis of providing us with official & sufficient written proof that your visa was denied. If you are unable to provide us with sufficient evidence HAKA TOURS LTD reserves the right to deny your refund.
14. Tour Details
14.1 Any inclusions whilst on the road that you do choose not to partake in will not be refunded to you.
14.2 HAKA TOURS LTD aims to provide a safe & enjoyable environment for all passengers and personnel on board our tours. Therefore please make a note of the below conditions:
- HAKA TOURS LTD does not tolerate any form of abuse, verbal or otherwise, of our personnel. Any person abusing or threatening HAKA TOURS LTD personnel or associated representatives will automatically forfeit their right to onward travel.
- There might be times when HAKA TOURS LTD personnel and/or representatives have to make decisions within the best interest of safety for its passengers. It is a condition of booking that you comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed representative of HAKA TOURS LTD.
- Should you choose not to comply with the said representative or are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well-being of members of the tour, HAKA TOURS LTD reserves the right to refuse to allow you to continue with the tour.
- In such case that you are removed from the tour HAKA TOURS LTD will not be liable to provide you with any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by you.
- HAKA TOURS LTD cannot accept liability for the behaviour of others on your tour nor if any facilities are curtailed as a result of their actions.
- HAKA TOURS LTD representatives may take on tour photos and video recordings of you whilst you are a passenger. These may be used in the HAKA TOURS LTD brochures and/or advertising and publicity material (including social media) without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films
- HAKA TOURS LTD may use any text written in comments books, recorded in customer surveys or input to online forums, in brochures, websites and/or advertising and publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of comments.
15. Fitness & Medicals
Some activities are strenuous of nature. Passengers should be of reasonable health and fitness and carry all required medication. HAKA TOURS LTD must be advised of any prior medical conditions at the time of booking.
ADDITIONAL TERMS APPLICABLE TO CERTAIN TOUR TYPES
1.1 Rental Equipment hired through HAKA TOURS LTD is your responsibility.
1.2 If there is extensive damage from misuse of equipment, but can be fixed, the minimum cost of a full repair is charged.
1.3 If the equipment is damaged beyond repair or lost/stolen, the payable insurance excess is 14-days rental for that particular item.
Examples of non-repairable damage include:
Excessive base damage from misuse of equipment, such as skiing/boarding in heavily rocky areas/off piste, snapped ski or snowboard; or cracked top sheet.
2. Personal LiabIlity and Injury.
All customers must agree to the following personal liability and injury policy when renting equipment from HAKA TOURS LTDs. Customers renting equipment are referred to ‘The Hirer’ for the purposes of this policy:
- The Hirer (customer) understands the information contained therein and warrants, agrees and accepts the information provided by him or her is true and correct.
- The Hirer also understands, warrants, agrees and accepts that the ski or snowboard boot-binding system of any ski or snowboard equipment has been adjusted and set based on the information provided by the hirer.
- The Hirer further understands, warrants, agrees and accepts that the ski or snowboard-binding system equipment will not release at all times or under all conditions or in all circumstances and that its employees, affiliates or agents cannot and will not guarantee or indemnify the safety of the Hirer or any third (3rd) party. All snow sports (skiing, snowboarding, touring, tobogganing) carry the risk of injury and damage to property and that risk is reduced but not eliminated by correct bindings, the use of wrist guards and an approved helmet.
- The Hirer understands, warrants, agrees and accepts that there are inherent risks of injury involved in using the equipment hired and where such injury arises the Hirer will indemnify and keep indemnified HAKA TOURS LTD, its employees, affiliates and agents from all actions, suits, claims for damage and demands for personal injury, loss or damage sustained by the Hirer or any person named in these terms and conditions or any third (3rd) party.
- The Hirer confirms, understands, acknowledges and accepts that in the event where personal injury, loss or damage to either the Hirer or any third (3rd) party arises out of the use of such equipment, it is the responsibility of the Hirer to make good such personal injury, loss or damage.
4. Private Group Specific
If we are under-taking a private group tour for you, there are some changes to our standard Terms and Conditions:
- A non-refundable deposit of 20% is required to confirm the booking and full payment is due 2 months prior to arrival.
- Cancellations within 2 months prior to arrival will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- Amendments within 2 months prior to arrival will incur a $150 admin fee and any additional fees charged by and 3rd party suppliers.
- Please take into account an additional $25 NZD bank fee if paying from an overseas bank account.