Proudly New Zealand operated, Haka Tourism Group offers a huge variety of New Zealand tours for small group, private groups, school & university and corporate groups. Our purpose is to foster deeper connections between our manuhiri (guests), our land and our culture through exceptional travel experiences. We love what we do and we're passionate about delivering the best adventure, ski and premium tours in New Zealand.
Our Haka Tour Managers are both driver and guide, managing every aspect of life on the road for our international travellers.
What skills do you need to be a Haka Tour Manager?
- Have a passion for our beautiful country and love showing it off to our guests from all over the world.
- Super organised - you need to be managing bookings with all our suppliers such as accommodation and activity partners and ensuring we reach our destinations on time.
- A confident and super safe driver with a clean driving record - you will be trained on how to drive our small tour buses.
- Love working independently, have a can-do attitude and can think on their feet
- A good knowledge of tikanga Māori.
- Have masses of energy, patience and a great sense of humour.
- Love learning about new places, new people and yourself.
- A terrific ability to read people and get your group of strangers bonding to become new best mates!
- And most importantly, a real love for our Māori culture and to educate our international guests on Māori ways, customs and legends.
Does this sound like you? If so, we'd love to hear from you. We provide full training, giving you all the skills and knowledge required to deliver unforgettable experiences to our guests. We also transfer you to and from the beginning and end points of our tours so you can be based anywhere in New Zealand.
What does the scholarship include?
The scholarship covers up to $5,000 in training for you to get your Passenger Endorsement, Class 2 license, any required bus driving tuition, first aid certificates and anything else we believe you need to get trained for this demanding, but super fun role.
Who is the scholarship open to?
New Zealand citizens of Māori descent, over the age of 18. You can be based anywhere in New Zealand.
Why is this scholarship only open to Māori?
We want to actively encourage more Māori to consider tourism as a career as we feel there is an under-representation of Māori Tour Managers within New Zealand.
When is the next tour manager in-take?
We are always accepting applications. Whilst we may not have a role immediately, we are keen to hear from you and if successful, we can advise on a start date. From here you will begin a training programme to get you on the road, showing our manuhiri the best of Aotearoa! Depending on your current driving license situation, we may need to commence your training earlier.
Do I need to be an expert skier or snowboarder?
No – if you are, then great, but we offer a range of tours from soft adventure tours, cultural tours, family tours, educational tours. Essentially, we will assign tours to you that suit your skill set.
When do applications open?
We accept applications all year round. Please contact our Product Manager Jenny for more info: email@example.com To apply, in the first instance please e-mail a CV and create a short selfie style video on your smart phone where you introduce yourself and explain why you would be an awesome Haka Tour Manager!
No special effects are needed for the video: we just want a real grass-roots introduction to yourself – max 2 mins.