Tour The Best of the North Island & Some South Island Highlights
Created for travellers in their mid-thirties and upwards, on this tour you will discover New Zealand’s unmissable highlights in just under three weeks: geothermal wonders, other-wordly glaciers, sublime beaches, lush forests, lofty mountains, secluded swimming spots, UNESCO World Heritage Areas, flora, fauna, heritage and culture.
This New Zealand tour includes special activities such as one of the world’s most scenic train journeys, a guided e-bike tour along Wanaka’s lakeside, a traditional Māori meal, and a walk amidst towering – and magically lit – treetops, and a night of glamping. You can also choose to select some tour add-ons such as hiking the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, kayaking to a natural hot pool, climbing a glacier, visiting an off-shore eco-sanctuary, visiting Hobbiton, or flying above an active volcano!
You’ll have the chance to swim, kayak, hike a glacier, skydive, see kiwis, relax in hot pools, roll down a hill in a giant ball, eat and drink like a local, and more! This is your trip, and it’s designed to be flexible. The choice is yours – pick the activities that appeal to you.
We'll fill your days with the best things to see in do in the North Island and the South Island and also give you a great insight into New Zealand life and culture. At the end of the day, you can relax in comfortable 3–4 star accommodation to ensure you have a great night’s sleep ready for the following day’s activities.
On this tour you’ll encounter an array of landscapes: lush, green rolling hills; beautiful golden sand beaches, tumbling waterfalls, geothermal valleys filled with bubbling mud and sulphuric lakes, magnificent mountains, icy glaciers, jurassic rainforests, cosy laid-back surf towns and vibrant cities. Prepare you camera and get ready to make some magical memories!
e-Bike through Wanaka’s Iconic Scenery (Included)
Included in this tour is a guided e-bike tour along Wanaka’s lakeside. Just beautiful!
Carve Your Own Greenstone/Pounamu Pendant (Guide Pick)
Learn about Māori culture as you carve your very own pounamu pendant in this included activity.
Strap Yourself to a Stranger and Leap From a Plane! (Add On)
You have the opportunity to skydive in four locations on this tour! Choose one, or all to get a higher perspective.
What's included on every Haka Plus tour:
- Passionate and knowledgeable local Kiwi guide
- Comfortable and air-conditioned bus transport
- Orientation tour of each and every location
- Small groups of maximum 16 people
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
- Stay each night in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation: a mix of hotels, motels, lodges, and rainforest retreats.
What's also included on this tour:
- 19 nights in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation: a mix of hotels, motels, lodges, and rainforest retreats.
- Feast on 11 continental breakfasts and 4 dinners, including a traditional Māori hāngī cooked in an underground oven.
- Walk a stunning coastal track to Cathedral Cove (as seen in the Chronicles of Narnia movies).
- Ride one of the most scenic ferry journeys in the world, over the Cook Strait.
- Take in the stunning Southern Alps and the vast Canterbury Plains aboard the TranzAlpine, New Zealand’s finest inland rail journey.
- Watch a Māori cultural performance and check out a geothermal valley of bubbling mud pools including the famous Pōhutu Geyser in Rotorua.
- See endangered kiwi birds up close and personal.
- Soak up a sunset boat cruise in the West Coast surf town of Raglan – the fish and chips are on us!
- Spend one night glamping (luxury camping) on Criffel Station – a working deer farm.
- Brave the Redwoods Treewalk, crossing 23 raised suspension bridges.
- Hike through the forested gorge of Ruakuri (45 minutes) – bring your camera for this one.
- Stay in Tongariro National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Area.
- Taste some of the world’s best sauvignon blanc at a Marlborough wine tasting.
- Cruise along Wanaka’s lakeside on a guided e-bike (bicycle with electric motor) tour.
- Carve your own pounamu (jade) pendant in Franz Josef.
- Plus, many more surprise stops along the way!
ENHANCE YOUR TRIP WITH ADD-ON ACTIVITIES AND UPGRADES
Your tour includes all the essentials but you can add extra wow-factor to your tour by adding on the activities and accommodation upgrades that suit you best.
Optional activities you can add to this trip at checkout:
New Zealand Uncovered
- Price from (NZD)
- Deposit only
WHY CHOOSE HAKA PLUS?
Learn about the differences between this tour and our classic Adventure tours. Click here >
Only $99 to secure your seat unless you book within 45 days of departure. Once your spot is booked, you can log in and customise your tour with any extra experiences or activities up to 45 days before departure.
FAQ - New Zealand Uncovered
A sample platter of North and the South Island highlights including the Coromandel, Tongariro, Rotorua, Kaikoura & Christchurch.View tour
Visit Queenstown, Wanaka, glaciers & rainforests then see more of the South Island on the world famous TranzAlpine rail journey.View tour
An unrushed exploration of the North Island’s top attractions including the Coromandel, Tongariro National Park, Rotorua & Wellington.View tour
You love our tours
Haka Tours is the best way to see New Zealand! Haka Tours was recommended to me and it turned out to be the best decision to book them for my first trip to New Zealand. I selected the North Island tour plus a two day extension to Christchurch based on my trave...
Sean AUnited States
4 Tours I Will Remember 4 Ever. New Zealand was a place that had been on my bucket list for a long time, and last month I finally got the chance to make it over there. In order to experience as much of the country as I could, I booked four tours spanning one m...
Liz our tour guide was Awesome, great hostels used. Travel time on bus was minimal with plenty of good stops. Highly recommend this tour.
LIFE ON THE PLUS SIDE
Want to be featured here? Simply tag your Insta pics with #hakatours