Premium New Zealand Coach Tours
Created for travellers in their mid-thirties and upwards, on this New Zealand bus tour you will discover New Zealand’s unmissable highlights in just under three weeks: geothermal wonders, other-wordly glaciers, sublime beaches, lush forests, lofty mountains, secluded swimming spots, UNESCO World Heritage Areas, flora, fauna, heritage and culture.
This 20 day New Zealand Coach Tour includes special activities such as one of the world’s most scenic train journeys, a guided scenic e-bike tour, a traditional Māori meal, and a walk amidst towering – and magically lit – treetops, and a night of glamping. You can also choose to select some tour add-ons such as hiking the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, kayaking to a natural hot pool, climbing a glacier, visiting an off-shore eco-sanctuary, visiting Hobbiton, or flying over snow-capped mountains!
You’ll have the chance to swim, kayak, hike a glacier, skydive, see kiwis, relax in hot pools, roll down a hill in a giant ball, eat and drink like a local, and more! This is your trip, and it’s designed to be flexible. The choice is yours – pick the activities that appeal to you.
We'll fill your days with the best things to see in do in the North Island and the South Island and also give you a great insight into New Zealand life and culture. At the end of the day, you can relax in comfortable 3–4 star accommodation to ensure you have a great night’s sleep ready for the following day’s activities.
On this tour you’ll encounter an array of landscapes: lush, green rolling hills; beautiful golden sand beaches, tumbling waterfalls, geothermal valleys filled with bubbling mud and sulphuric lakes, magnificent mountains, icy glaciers, jurassic rainforests, cosy laid-back surf towns and vibrant cities. Prepare your camera and get ready to make some magical memories!
Please note: private room upgrades are not available for two nights on this tour: the glamping experience in Wanaka where accommodation is twin or triple-share only.
A Night of Glamping Under Southern Stars
Luxury camping experience surrounded by breathtaking scenery and enjoying high country hospitality.
Brave the Redwoods Treewalk
Experience the majestic Redwoods Forest from high above as you journey across 23 raised suspension bridges.
An Unmissable Māori Cultural Experience and Hāngi
You’ll visit a living Māori village within a geothermal area for an evening of performances featuring the breathtaking haka.
What's included on every Haka Plus tour:
- Passionate and knowledgeable local Kiwi guide
- Comfortable and air-conditioned bus transport
- Orientation tour of each and every location
- Small groups of maximum 16 people
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
- Stay each night in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation: a mix of hotels, motels, lodges, and rainforest retreats.
What's also included on this tour:
- 19 nights in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation: a mix of hotels, lodges, glamping and rainforest retreats.
- Feast on daily hearty breakfasts and 4 dinners, including a traditional Māori hāngī cooked in an underground oven.
- Walk a stunning coastal track to Cathedral Cove (as seen in the Chronicles of Narnia movies).
- Ride one of the most scenic ferry journeys in the world, over the Cook Strait.
- Take in the stunning Southern Alps and the vast Canterbury Plains aboard the TranzAlpine, New Zealand’s finest inland rail journey.
- Watch a Māori cultural performance and check out a geothermal valley of bubbling mud pools including the famous Pōhutu Geyser in Rotorua.
- See endangered kiwi birds up close and personal.
- Soak up a sunset boat cruise in the West Coast surf town of Raglan – the fish and chips are on us!
- Spend one night at Oasis Yurts, Wanaka - the perfect place to relax, unwind and reconnect in the natural environment.
- Brave the Redwoods Treewalk, crossing 23 raised suspension bridges.
- Hike through the forested gorge of Ruakuri (45 minutes) – bring your camera for this one.
- Stay in Tongariro National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Area.
- Taste some of the world’s best sauvignon blanc at a Marlborough wine tasting.
- Cruise through Wanaka on a scenic e-bike (bicycle with electric motor) experience.
- Carve your own pounamu (jade) pendant in Franz Josef.
- Plus, many more surprise stops along the way!
ENHANCE YOUR TRIP WITH ADD-ON ACTIVITIES AND UPGRADES
Your tour includes all the essentials but you can add extra wow-factor to your tour by adding on the activities and accommodation upgrades that suit you best.
Optional activities you can add to this trip at checkout:
New Zealand Uncovered
- Price from (NZD)
- Deposit only
WHY CHOOSE HAKA PLUS?
Learn about the differences between this tour and our classic Adventure tours. Click here >
Only $99 to secure your seat unless you book within 45 days of departure. Once your spot is booked, you can log in and customise your tour with any extra experiences or activities up to 45 days before departure.
FAQ - New Zealand Uncovered
A sample platter of North and the South Island highlights including the Coromandel, Tongariro, Rotorua, Kaikōura & Christchurch.View tour
Visit Queenstown, Wanaka, glaciers & rainforests then see more of the South Island on the world famous TranzAlpine rail journey.View tour
New Zealand Nature Tour
This small group German-speaking tour showcases the best of New Zealand’s nature: discover flora and fauna, native bird life, rainforests, geysers, lonely mountain roads, river valleys, glaciers, and wild coasts as you travel from Auckland to Christchurch (or reverse) over three weeks.View tour
LIFE ON THE PLUS SIDE
Want to be featured here? Simply tag your Insta pics with #hakatours