Tour The Best of the North Island & Some South Island Highlights
Discover New Zealand’s unmissable highlights in just under three weeks: geothermal wonders, other-wordly glaciers, sublime beaches, lush forests, lofty mountains, secluded swimming spots, UNESCO World Heritage Areas, flora, fauna, heritage and culture.
This New Zealand tour includes special activities such as one of the world’s most scenic train journeys, a cycle and cruise through high country working farmland, a traditional Māori meal, and a walk amidst towering – and magically lit – treetops, and a night of glamping. You can also choose to select some tour add-ons such as hiking the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, taking an aerobatic scenic flight, kayaking to a natural hot pool, climbing a glacier, visiting an off-shore eco-sanctuary, visiting Hobbiton, or flying above an active volcano!
You’ll have the chance to swim, kayak, surf, cave tube, white-water raft, hike a glacier, bungy jump, skydive, hike, bike, luge, see kiwis, relax in hot pools, roll down a hill in a giant ball, eat and drink like a local, and more! This is your trip, and it’s designed to be flexible. The choice is yours – pick the activities that appeal to you.
We'll fill your days with the best things to see in do in the North Island and the South Island and also give you a great insight into New Zealand life and culture. At the end of the day, you can relax in comfortable 3–4 star accommodation to ensure you have a great night’s sleep ready for the following day’s activities.
On this tour you’ll encounter an array of landscapes: lush, green rolling hills; beautiful golden sand beaches, tumbling waterfalls, geothermal valleys filled with bubbling mud and sulphuric lakes, magnificent mountains, icy glaciers, jurassic rainforests, cosy laid-back surf towns and vibrant cities. Prepare you camera and get ready to make some magical memories!
Cycle & Cruise through Queenstown’s Iconic Scenery (Included)
See the best of this high country alpine area aboard a cruise of Lake Wakatipu and then a gentle cycle ride.
Carve Your Own Greenstone/Pounamu Pendant (Guide Pick)
Learn about Māori culture as you carve your very own pounamu pendant in this included activity.
Strap Yourself to a Stranger and Leap From a Plane! (Add On)
You have the opportunity to skydive in four locations on this tour! Choose one, or all to get a higher perspective.
What's included on every Haka Plus tour:
- Small groups, up to 11 people
- Passionate Kiwi guides
- Comfortable bus transport
- Stay each night in twin-share 3–4 star accommodation: a mix of hotels, motels, lodges, and rainforest retreats.
What's also included on this tour:
- 11 x tasty continental breakfasts
- 4 x dinners - including a traditional Māori hāngī cooked in an underground oven
- Walk a stunning coastal track to Cathedral Cove (as seen in the Chronicles of Narnia movies)
- Ride one of the most scenic ferry journeys in the world, the Cook Strait Interislander
- Take in the stunning Southern Alps and the vast Canterbury Plains aboard the TranzAlpine, New Zealand’s finest inland rail journey
- Watch a Māori cultural performance and check out a geothermal valley of bubbling mud pools including the famous Pōhutu Geyser in Rotorua
- See endangered kiwi birds up close and personal
- Soak up a sunset cruise in the West Coast surf town of Raglan – the fish and chips are on us!
- Brave the Redwoods Treewalk, crossing 23 raised suspension bridges
- Hike through the forested gorge of Ruakuri – bring your camera for this one
- Check out the Te Waihou Springs Walkway, often overlooked by tourists
- Stay in Tongariro National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Area
- Taste some of the world’s best sauvignon blanc at a Marlborough wine tasting
- Cycle and cruise your way through Queenstown’s Mt Nicholas and Walter Peak Stations
- Carve your own pounamu (jade) pendant in Franz Josef
- Plus, many more surprise stops along the way!
ENHANCE YOUR TRIP WITH ADD-ON ACTIVITIES AND UPGRADES
Your tour includes all the essentials but you can add extra wow-factor to your tour by adding on the activities and accommodation upgrades that suit you best.
Optional activities you can add to this trip at checkout:
New Zealand Uncovered
- Price from (NZD)
- Deposit only
Only $99 to secure your seat unless you book within 45 days of departure. Once your spot is booked, you can log in and customise your tour with any extra experiences or activities up to 45 days before departure.
FAQ - New Zealand Uncovered
An unrushed exploration of the North Island’s top attractions including the Coromandel, Tongariro National Park, Rotorua & Wellington.View tour
Take in significant Southern highlights & must-do activities: mountains, lakes, glaciers, pristine rainforest & the world famous TranzAlpine rail journey.View tour
A sample platter of North and the South Island highlights including the Coromandel, Tongariro, Rotorua, Kaikoura & Christchurch.View tour
You love our tours
I did the 16 day Amplified tour with Lizzie from February 18th to March 5th. It was a fabulous tour at max capacity of 16 guests yet Lizzie regularly went out of her way to ensure as many folks as possible were doing activities which took lots of planning & wo...
Unforgettable Experience. NZ is a great country to visit, the tour was well organised and the tour guide (Andy aka "Baby Jesus") was excellent.
Amazing tour! I had the best trip, hands down. Haka Tours was just great. Baby J was the best tour guide I could've hoped for :)
LIFE ON THE PLUS SIDE
Want to be featured here? Simply tag your Insta pics with #hakatours