New Zealand Bay of Islands Itinerary
On this 5-day Northland tour from Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland, we’ll travel up to Tutukaka and explore some of the Bay of Islands before heading back to Auckland. You’ll have the opportunity to visit Tutukaka, Paihia, Waitangi and some of the 144 islands that make up the magnificent Bay of Islands.
Venture with us on our Bay of Islands tour to the region known as ‘The Winterless North’! While we can’t promise sunshine 100% of the time, we can assure you that you’ll get to explore some truly spectacular scenery and have plenty of opportunity to take part in some once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Lush green hills, sweeping beaches, epic marine life, giant sand dunes, idyllic islands, and settlements steeped in culture and history – the Northland and Bay of Islands region are truly special.
We’ll have plenty of included activities and stops on our Bay of Islands tour including visiting Whangarei Falls – a 26m cascading waterfall, staying in Tutukaka - renowned as one of the top coastal destinations globally by National Geographic Traveller, sailing to Poor Knights Islands - featuring spectacular drop-offs, walls, caves, arches and rich biodiversity, and taking time to explore Waitangi Treaty Grounds and its important role in NZ’s history.
Optional activities include skydiving, scuba diving (both beginner or advanced), or cruises around the bays in search of the local sea-life! Or simply enjoy the town of Paihia or take the ferry to historic Russell. None of these are compulsory; just add the ones you want. Book this New Zealand itinerary for spectacular scenery and ultimate serenity!
Enchanting Northland Tour Tips:
- This tour is great if you want a magical, yet quick escape to soak up the sun – but it needn't end after 5 days, as our 10-day Northern Trail or 24-day Ultimate NZ tour also departs Auckland and takes in a huge array of highlights.
- Optional activities can be pre-booked or purchased on the road - just let your tour guide know. We can't always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
Stay in Tutukaka
This town is renowned as one of the top coastal destinations globally by National Geographic Traveller.
Full-day sailing trip to Poor Knights Islands
Discover this stunning marine reserve featuring spectacular drop-offs, walls, caves, arches and rich biodiversity.
Explore Waitangi Treaty Grounds
We love giving guests this opportunity to learn about Māori culture and the birth of our nation.
What's included on every Haka Plus tour:
- Passionate and knowledgeable local Kiwi guide
- Comfortable and air-conditioned bus transport
- Orientation tour of each and every location
- Small groups of maximum 16 people
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
What's also included on this tour:
- Stay 4 nights in twin share 3-4* hotel accommodation (private room upgrade available)
- Daily hearty breakfasts, 1 lunch & 1 dinner
- Discover the stunning Whangarei Falls – a 26m cascading waterfall
- Stay in Tutukaka, a top coastal destination globally by National Geographic Traveller
- Enjoy a full-day sailing trip to Poor Knights Islands and spot marine wildlife
- Visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, the birthplace of New Zealand
- Take in amazing coastlines and golden beaches
- Plus surprise stops on the way
ENHANCE YOUR TRIP WITH ADD-ON ACTIVITIES AND UPGRADES
Your tour includes all the essentials but you can add extra wow-factor to your tour by adding on the activities and accommodation upgrades that suit you best.
Optional activities you can add to this trip at checkout:
- Price from (NZD)
- Deposit only
Only $99 to secure your seat unless you book within 60 days of departure. Once your spot is booked, you can log in and customise your tour with any extra experiences or activities up to 60 days before departure.
FAQ - Enchanting Northland
Visit Queenstown, Wanaka, glaciers & rainforests then see more of the South Island on the world famous TranzAlpine rail journey.View tour
New Zealand Uncovered
Uncover all the beauty, adventure, culture and fun activities of New Zealand and tick practically everything off your bucket list.View tour
An unrushed exploration of the North Island’s top attractions including the Coromandel, Tongariro National Park, Rotorua & Wellington.View tour