WHY CHOOSE BORN TO ROAM?
- Roam offers a range of independent, customisable multi-day tours, perfect for the more free-spirited traveller.
- All the tours have included activities and highlights for you to enjoy, and just like our Haka Tours, optional add-ons are available along the way!
- 100% trip guarantee!
- Our Born to Roam tours are perfect for everyone. From families and couples, to groups of friends, or individuals that want to explore New Zealand their own way!
- Frequent departures - daily for all tours (except Capture the Cape and Ride the Rails).
- Pre-book Activities: We are the only NZ tour company that enables you to pre-book activities before your tour starts so you don’t miss out.
- Flexi-Guarantee: If you are more than 45 days out you can swap onto a different departure or change your tour completely, free of charge.
- $99 Lifetime Deposits: If you can’t travel it means your deposit isn’t lost, simply saved for your next Haka adventure.
Empowering you to see New Zealand your way
Our Born to Roam tours are New Zealand sightseeing tours aimed at travelling slow, stress-free and sustainably. They are unguided, utilise our public transportation network and allow you to experience our beautiful country your way.
With Born to Roam, we lovingly create each itinerary for you, all you need to do is pick which one (that's likely to be the trickiest part!), and select your desired departure date. All tours include accommodation, some meals, activities, and the public transport methods available on your route, (i.e. TranzAlpine train or InterCity bus) to get you from A to B.
Choose from private double or twin rooms on your Born to Roam trip. Plus all tours have included "must-do" activities and highlights for you to enjoy, such as a Milford Sound Cruise and optional add-ons are available to enhance your experience.
Our Born to Roam tours are perfect for everyone - from families and couples, to groups of friends, or individuals, wishing to explore New Zealand their own way.
Your New Zealand sightseeing tour can be action-packed or mellow, but we’ll do all we can to ensure you have an incredible holiday, complete with great memories and a good insight into New Zealand's amazing landscapes, culture and people.
The "from" tour price is per person (based on double occupancy). Your final tour price will be shown once you have customised your accommodation options and added any additional activities you wish to include.
Trying to choose between a Born to Roam and a Haka Tour? Check out our page outlining the difference between our two styles of tours.
What’s included on every tour?
- Private room accommodation with breakfast
- Public Transport as per itinerary (we're talking buses, ferries, shuttles, planes!).
- Handful of must-do activities
- Local tips to maximise your trip
*All Born to Roam tours are subject to availability and are unguided.
Capture The Cape
The Bay of Islands really is a must-see, both for New Zealanders and international visitors alike. Encompassing 144 islands and a sub-tropical climate, the “winterless north” is a superb year round destination. Experience tranquillity of the Bay of Islands and Maori culture.View tour
A Symphony Of Sounds
This tour takes you to stunning Milford Sound and Doubtful Sound, so expect to be completely awe-struck! Milford Sound is so magical it’s been known as the ‘the eighth wonder of the world’.View tour
The Hauraki Hopper
Discover the Hauraki Gulf with this island hopping trip! Start your journey by summiting Auckland’s most active volcano, Rangitoto and sip some of the world’s best wines on Waiheke Island. Explore the magnificent birdlife on Tiritiri Matangi and finish your trip with golden beaches and extraordinary experiences on Great Barrier Island.View tour
The Deep South
Let Southland take your breath away whilst you are exploring New Zealand’s most southern locations. Journey from Dunedin to Queenstown visiting some of NZ's most stunning locations including Milford Sound and Stewart Island.View tour
The Whitianga Flyer
This short getaway to the Coromandel is a perfect little break. Kick back and relax on the stunning Coromandel Peninsula! This short 3-day tour makes it super-easy to work around your busy schedule.View tour
TASTE THE ADVENTURE
Want to be featured here? Simply tag your Insta pics with #hakatours