Day 3: Coromandel to Raglan
Today’s road trip to the arty mecca of Raglan will give you a first glimpse of the North Island’s rolling tree-lined hills and valleys. Your Haka guide has some great sights to show you en route, including the 55-metre high Bridal Veil Falls.
If you have always wanted to try surfing, or if you’re dying to get back on your board, Raglan is the perfect destination both for beginners and experienced surfers.
Not keen on surfing? There’s plenty to enjoy in this laid-back township. With an awesome blend of cafes, bars, surf shops and galleries, the streets here ooze character and creativity. Relax on the beach and leave any lingering jet-lag behind, or enjoy a variety of bush and coastal scenery on Raglan’s walking trails.
For dinner tonight, tuck into New Zealand’s unofficial dish – fish and chips (or fush and chups, as it tends to sound in a Kiwi accent). And what better way to enjoy a tasty meal than on a sunset boat cruise of Raglan Harbour?
Want to download the tour itinerary? click here
- Raglan Sunset Boat Cruise
- Fish & Chips Dinner
- Day 1: Auckland
- Day 2: Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 3: Coromandel to Raglan
- Day 4: Raglan to Rotorua (via Waitomo and Matamata)
- Day 5: Rotorua
- Day 6: Rotorua to Taupō
- Day 7: Taupō
- Day 8: Taupō to Wellington
- Day 9: Wellington
- Day 10: Wellington to Kaikōura
- Day 11: Kaikōura to Christchurch
- Day 12: Christchurch to Ohau (via Lake Tekapo)
- Day 13: Ohau to Queenstown
- Day 14: Queenstown
- Day 15: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 16: Wanaka
- Day 17: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 18: Franz Josef
- Day 19: Franz Josef to Christchurch
- Day 20: Christchurch