Day 12: Wellington
Soak up the atmosphere of vibrant Wellington. Famous for being a bit on the windy side, be prepared to ditch the hairspray and go with the flow.
As always, your guide will introduce you to the city with an orientation tour – including a drive around the bays through central Wellington to the Botanic Gardens and Parliament Buildings. You’ll also get the chance to head up Mount Victoria for some of the best views in town.
You will also stop by Weta Workshop, most famous for its creative contribution to all things Lord of the Rings. Take an optional tour to see prop-makers in action and learn about the immersive world of filmmaking.
Wellington has a feast of cultural attractions and its crowning glory is Te Papa, the national museum of New Zealand. Situated on Wellington’s magnificent waterfront, this internationally acclaimed museum combines leading edge technology with traditional exhibits to tell the stories of New Zealand’s land and people. The museum is free for all.
If being outdoors is more your thing, head off to Kapiti Island for an optional nature tour. Here you can see endangered birds up close and learn more about New Zealand’s unique flora and fauna.
Want to download the tour itinerary? click here
- Day 1: Christchurch
- Day 2: Christchurch to Ohau
- Day 3: Ohau to Queenstown
- Day 4: Queenstown
- Day 5: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 6: Wanaka
- Day 7: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 8: Franz Josef
- Day 9: Franz Josef to Christchurch
- Day 10: Christchurch to Kaikōura
- Day 11: Kaikōura to Wellington
- Day 12: Wellington
- Day 13: Wellington to National Park
- Day 14: National Park
- Day 15: National Park to Rotorua (via Taupō)
- Day 16: Rotorua
- Day 17: Rotorua to Raglan (via Waitomo)
- Day 18: Raglan to Coromandel
- Day 19: Coromandel to Auckland
- Day 20: Auckland