Day 16: Rotorua
Rotorua has it all: natural beauty, unique geothermal landscapes, and Māori culture. We stay here a full day to make the very most of it.
This area is world-renowned for its geothermal activity, with neon blue and red lakes, steaming rivers, violent geysers, and bubbling mud pools galore.
For a truly epic brush with nature, fly high through the lush ancient forest canopy on a zipline tour complete with swing bridges, crossings and treetop platforms. What better way to get to know the native plants and birds – many of which are unique to New Zealand.
This evening we are welcomed to a Māori village for an unmissable cultural experience featuring combat demonstrations and – of course – the breathtaking haka. This experience extends beyond the performance – you’ll have the chance to see magnificent geothermal activity and get to spot kiwi birds.
- Dinner (a hāngi cooked in an underground oven)
- See the world famous haka dance
- See the Pohutu Geyser
- See kiwi birds
Want to download the tour itinerary? click here
- Day 1: Christchurch
- Day 2: Christchurch to Ohau
- Day 3: Ohau to Queenstown
- Day 4: Queenstown
- Day 5: Queenstown to Wanaka
- Day 6: Wanaka
- Day 7: Wanaka to Franz Josef
- Day 8: Franz Josef
- Day 9: Franz Josef to Christchurch
- Day 10: Christchurch to Kaikōura
- Day 11: Kaikōura to Wellington
- Day 12: Wellington
- Day 13: Wellington to Taupō
- Day 14: Taupō
- Day 15: Taupō to Rotorua
- Day 16: Rotorua
- Day 17: Rotorua to Raglan (via Waitomo and Matamata)
- Day 18: Raglan to Coromandel
- Day 19: Coromandel to Auckland
- Day 20: Auckland