New Zealand 2 Week Itinerary
Our most popular trip is a New Zealand 16 day itinerary jam-packed with New Zealand's top destinations and experiences. We’ll take you to the scenic highlights of the North and South Islands where you’ll discover golden beaches, majestic mountains, Māori culture, surreal landscapes and a big dose of adventure!
From Auckland to Christchurch (or, from Christchurch to Auckland – please see the reverse New Zealand two week itinerary), you’ll soon see that New Zealand is filled with many different landscapes and opportunities for adventure!
This small-group guided tour of the North and South Island will visit Coromandel, Rotorua, Taupō, Wellington, Kaikōura, Wanaka, Queenstown, Lake Tekapo (an International Dark Sky Reserve), and Franz Josef Glacier, with the option to visit Hobbiton, Waitomo Caves, The Tongariro Crossing and Milford Sound along the way.
Our Amplified tour comes complete with some very special inclusions: experiencing a Māori cultural night traditional hāngī meal, learning haka and poi dance, and carving your very own pounamu (greenstone/jade) pendant in Franz Josef. Join this Haka Tour for an action packed 2 weeks in New Zealand!
Accommodation is included on the last night of your tour, but we can also book a few extra nights for you if you would like to extend your New Zealand itinerary.
Amplified Tour Tips:
Activities can also be purchased on the road – just let your tour guide know. We can't always guarantee availability when booking on the road, so we suggest pre-booking any activities you especially want to do.
As the tour starts early in the morning, you can opt to book accommodation in Auckland with us the night before the tour – only having to walk downstairs on the day the tour starts makes for a stress-free morning!
The tour price includes dorm share accommodation (4–6 share) but if you would prefer your own space you have the option to upgrade to a private room for the duration of your tour. Upgrading your accommodation to a two person private room costs $1399. You can select this upgrade when you start building your tour online. Please note: private room upgrades are not available for the one-night shared cultural experience (Murupara).
If you arrive in Auckland with a few days to spare either before or after your tour, we have a great three-day Bay of Islands Tour which showcases the Northland region of New Zealand.
Learn about our unique Māori culture (Included)
Experience a living Māori village, learn the world-famous haka, enjoy a traditional hāngi and carve your own jade pendant.
Dig your own hot tub at Hot Water Beach (Included)
Visit the world-famous Hot Water Beach, where you can dig your own personal spa pool in the sand.
Visit a seal colony (Included)
Get up close to Kaikōura’s cutest residents at a local seal colony.
What's included on every adventure tour:
- Small groups, up to 16 people
- Passionate Kiwi guides
- Comfortable bus transport
- High-end hostel accommodation
- Tasty continental breakfasts every day
- Experiences to teach you about our unique Māori culture
What's also included on this tour:
- 15 nights in high-end hostel accommodation (dorm share as standard) and 1 night shared cultural experience
- Stunning walk to the spectacular arched cavern of Coromandel’s Cathedral Cove
- Learn a haka and learn to weave flax with a local iwi (tribe)
- Visit Te Puia - a local cultural centre - to learn more about traditional Māori culture and discover Rotorua’s geothermal wonders
- See kiwi birds up close and personal
- Eat a traditional Māori hāngī meal cooked in an underground oven
- Follow your nose to Rotorua’s bubbling mud pools
- Discover what makes Huka Falls the most visited natural attraction in NZ
- Check out the views from Matairangi/Mount Victoria, Wellington
- Fall in love with Wellington’s cafe and craft beer culture
- Iconic ferry ride between the North and South Islands across the Cook Strait
- Get up close to Kaikōura’s cutest residents at a local seal colony
- Explore downtown Christchurch and see its inspiring regeneration since the 2011 earthquake
- Visit the tiny Church of the Good Shepherd, nestled by the shores of Lake Tekapo
- Unparalleled stargazing opportunities in Tekapo’s Dark Sky Reserve
- Two nights in Queenstown, the Adventure Capital of the World
- Visit the charming, historic gold rush village of Arrowtown
- Carve your own pounamu (jade) pendant in Franz Josef
- Visit the Mountain Jade Factory in Hokitika
- Plus many surprise stops along the way
ENHANCE YOUR TRIP WITH ADD-ON ACTIVITIES AND UPGRADES
Your tour includes all the essentials but you can add extra wow-factor to your tour by adding on the activities and accommodation upgrades that suit you best.
Optional activities you can add to this trip at checkout:
Amplified NZ Tour
- Price from (NZD)
- Deposit only
ADVENTURE OR HAKA PLUS?
Learn about the differences between this tour and our premium Haka Plus tours. Click here >
GUEST REVIEWSBe the first to review this tour! Click here.
Only $99 to secure your seat unless you book within 45 days of departure. Once your spot is booked, you can log in and customise your tour with any extra experiences or activities up to 45 days before departure.
FAQ - Amplified NZ Tour
North Island Adventure Tour
Enjoy adventure activities, incredible scenery and fascinating Māori culture as we show you the highlights between Auckland to Wellington.View tour
South Island Lick Tour
A week with wow factor! Tick off iconic South Island destinations with unbeatable scenery and a large dose of adventure.View tour
South Island Adrenalin Junkie Tour
Starting in Christchurch, we’ll get your pulse racing at these Southern highlights including the West Coast & Queenstown’s adventure playground.View tour
TASTE THE ADVENTURE
Want to be featured here? Simply tag your Insta pics with #hakatours